Weekly Shoegaze/ Dreampop / Psychedelic / Indie Tips #12
PICKS OF THE WEEK :
- Lucerne, Switzerland indie / jangle / dream pop project of The Churchhill Garden’s Andy Jossi, aka THE BLUE HERONS “Another Chance (feat. Thierry Haliniak)” new single
Brilliant side project lead by Andy Jossi with the voice of My Raining Stars‘ Thierry Haliniak along with Whimsical’s Krissy Vanderwoude vocal embroideries, unfurls blissful sugary jangle melodies combined with Stone Roses Madchester epic tones.
- Los Angeles, CA-based grunge/psych/dreamgaze trio XO “Confront” from the upcoming second album. “Wonder”
L.A. based shoegazers are closing in on revealing their striking and emotional nuanced sophomore full-length, stay tuned!
- Brooklyn, NY indie/shoegaze/dream pop 5-piece TARA “Second Guess” debut single
Utterly bewitching breezy, blissed-out gem of a debut from NY collective, a breath of corroborant air in a period of shoegaze weariness.
- Saint Petersburg, Russia ambient / alt / drone / post rock solo project Threshold of Faith “Keep going Sisyphus” from the upcoming album “when the wind is southerly, i know a hawk from a handsaw”
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil indie / shoegaze trio DEVILISH DEAR “Glass React” from “Appalish” EP on midsummer madness
- New alternative / psychedelic rock band made of Emmaunelle Seigner (Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle), Anton Newcombe (The Brian Jonestown Massacre) & Lionel & Marie Liminana (The Liminanas) L’EPÉE – ”Dreams” off of debut 3-track single 12″ on a Records
- Brooklyn-based indie pop/rock duo TOLEDO “Some Samurai” from upcoming debut EP “Hotstuff”
- New Jersey indie / dream pop / psych-pop 4-piece BLOOD CULTURES “Flowers for All Occasions” new single
- Danish indie / post-punk / jangle pop jangle pop trio from Copenhagen, JOURS “Trick” debut single
- Hampshire, UK psychedelic shoegazer trio, Is Bliss – “All I See Is You” new single from their forthcoming debut album ‘Strange Communication’ out June 7 via Club AC30
- Los Angeles, CA psychedelic / shoegaze band FILM SCHOOL “Influencer” from Film School “EP”, coming summer 2019 on Hauskat Records.
- Norfolk, VA punkadelic / mumblecore / shoegaze band led by Elliott Malvas, You’re Jovian – ”Moral Slip” from 3-track EP “Singles” on Harding Street Assembly Lab
- Jazzy psychedelic pop duo based in Italy, DUMBO GETS MAD “Make You Fly” new single on Paris’ Nice Guys
- Brooklyn, NY indie / dream pop five-piece BARRIE “Satured” from the upcoming album “Happy To Be There” on Winspear
- Leeds, UK dream pop / indie pop 5-piece HEIR “Alter Forever” new single
- Cornish experimental synth dream pop sisters Annabel and Georgia Hockeysmith aka Hockeysmith “Never Knowing” from the forthcoming compilation album “EEL.COMP1” via new Cornwall label EEL.
- L.A. based jangly indie pop band THE PESOS – “Atomic Love” from sophomore album “Laissez Faire” on Lolipop Records
- Ontario, Canada bedroom pop / psych-pop artist Chris Minielly, aka JAGUAR SUN “Make It Out” new single on Nice Guys
- Bellingham, WA shoegaze / dream pop duo of Gretchen DeVault & Brian J. Bowe, aka Voluptuous Panic “Heavy Hearts” new single
- London, UK indie / ‘cold funk’ trio Sister Wanzala “The Circus”
- Leeds, UK lo-fi alternative noise guitar pop 4-piece MUSH “Litvinenko” from Mush’s debut EP “Induction Party” via Memphis Industries
- Reading, UK alternative / indie five-piece Saltwater Sun “The Great Deceiver” title track of the new EP
- Manchester, UK indie kraut electronic synthpop threesome (formed out of previous band Chaika), W.H. LUNG “Second Death Of My Face” first single taken from W. H. Lung’s debut album ‘Incidental Music’ out now via Melodic
- New York indie psych-pop duo of Gabriel Rodriguez & Scarlett Stephenson-Connolly, HIDEOUT “Next Time I See You” new single
- Toronto, Ontario emogaze / shoegaze solo project MIDLIFE “Beat Myself In” from the debut album “Pond”
- Copenhagen, Denmark indie / dream pop 4-piece ANOTHER JUGGLE “So What” third single from upcoming debut album, “Dance Sunshine, Dance” on Target Group
- Ventura, CA lo-fi dream pop / synth pop / synthwave solo project SPORTS COACH “Sunshine Cruisin’ Vol. 2” from upcoming album “Sports Spirits” on Spirit Goth Records.
- Portland, Oregon lo-fi/shoegaze/drone project of Kyle Bates, aka DROWSE “Between Fence Posts” from forthcoming album “Light Mirror” out June 7 on The Flenser
- Seattle‘s Chastity Belt singer/guitarist Julia Shapiro “Natural” first single from debut solo LP “Perfect Version” out June 14th on Hardly Art Records
- Paris based French grunge / noise / garage band DEAF PARADE “Mary Jane” from the new EP “Little Hankerchieves” on 1 ep par jour records
- Australian dreampop / shoegaze band from Perth, Peppermint Showers “Dotted Lines” new single
- UK indie jangle pop DIY band The Hannah Barberas “I Like You In Blue” off of CD album “The Hannah Barberas Get Physical” a compilation of first three EPs, plus three previously unreleased tracks, via Subjangle Imprint
- Dreamy, indie pop band from Seattle, WA, Flying Fish Cove “Sleight of Hand” from the cassette album “At Moonset” on Lost Sound Tapes
- Neston, UK based indie pop / shoegaze / dream pop project of Phil Wilson, aka THE RAFT “The Morning Light” from the new album “Abloom” on Shore Dive Records
- Sydney, Australia DIY alt-pop quartet, Naked Strangers “Honey Roast” debut single
- Australian synthpop / dreampop quartet from Sidney, I Know Leopard “Blame It On Me” from the album “Love is a landmine” on Ivy League Records
- Birmingham, UK based alternative / garage duo of Brazilian singer/guitarist Priscila B and English drummer Mimi B, CHERRY PICKLES “Let’s Be Bad” from debut LP “Cherry Pickles Will Harden Your Nipples” on PNKSLM
- UK art-pop band from London, Organised Scum “Fotograph” new single
- London indie psych-pop 5-piece (members of Bat-Bike, Uncle Tesco, Pet Grotesque and Goat Girl), Tiña – “I Feel Fine” upcoming ltd. 7″ single on Speedy Wunderground
- Washington, DC jangle psych-pop solo project Binding Spell “Heaven” from S/T debut EP
- Russian jangle pop / dreampop 5-piece from Saint Petersburg, увула [Uvula] ‘пепел/ash’ from debut album ‘нам остается лишь ждать/we can only wait’.