PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- St Theodoré // Galactic Funk Podcast 009
Weekly set from Voronezh, Russia‘s musician/producer Nikita Theodorov, Raw Union label affiliated and curator, and one-half post-punk/coldwave project Midnight Passage, with a heavy refreshing dose of treacherous EBM, radioactive acid, noxious cold waves, and wildly boisterous electro.
- Barcelona experimental /ambient /tribal /psych /acid /downtempo /house /electronic duo IRO AKA “Zukunft (Tapan Remix)” off upcoming “Futur” EP 12″ on new Spanish label Elephant Gait
Ominously mesmerizing, tribalistic, and radical re-imagination from Belgrade production partners Tapan, with revolving slow-burning textures swirling hypnotically around groovy skipping percussive patterns, while zipping synth notes buzz magnetically to conjure droning layers of static charged vocal stutters, ripped into inaudible frequencies by heavily vibrating bassline rumblings, spinning out of control into a dizzying array of primal fear.
- Bogotà, Colombia industrial techno/noise from the bad half of Alpha & Necromante, aka Bad Faith Actor – “Pillaging The Dreams Of The Living Dead” off upcoming split EP “Les Miserables” with Pedrolino on Brazilian imprint FORKHA
Sick industrial techno mayhem from Colombian producer through skipping frequencies to ignite shaking, crushing rhythms sputtering insane chaos across droning layers of asymmetrical dancefloor doom to build a tribal momentum of supreme treachery brimming to shivering delirium and pounding, deep bass echoes.
- Amsterdam based Italo disco/psych/cosmic disco Italian producer Daniele Labbate aka Daniel Monaco, aka Disco Mortale – “Love Trax (Did Virgo Remix)” on Beat Is Murder
Eerily dark and futuristic cosmic disco re-model by Marseille‘s la Dame Noir resident Did Virgo, arouses low airy, at times droning, faltering bass expansions with deep murky tones into an undulating, hypnotic rhythm of lost horizons, laced in icy dazzling synth flutters and ecstatic sparse female spoken vocals, that echo and fade disturbingly into dangerous, shiny obscure dancefloor oscillations.
- London, UK ambient/drone/drone-metal/shoegaze/experimental cellist and producer OLIVER COATES “Caregiver part 4 (spirit)” from the album “skins n slime” on RVNGIntl.
- Experimental/ambient/drone/electronic/dub collaborative project of Brussels-based UK musician/producer Kevin Richard Martin (Techno Animal, King Midas Sound) and Berlin-based, American producer/vocalist Felicia Chen, aka The Bug Ft Dis Fig “You” from upcoming LP “In Blue” on Hyperdub
- Liverpool, UK darkwave/witch house/industrial/magick producer MONOMOR✞E “Falling Is Easy” new single
- US producer Colin C.‘s experimental/ambient/IDM/Industrial Electronic project Slighter “Velocity” off new EP “WETWARE: Volume Two” on Confusion Inc.
- Turin-based Italian experimental/electro/dark techno DJ and producer Matteo Viani, aka BLACK SEED “Lhotse II” off the new “Lhotse” single
- Birkirkara, Malta dark ambient/industrial techno project Llimbs – “Vessel” off upcoming vinyl album “Descending Void” on Voidance Records
- French dark electronic/dub/ethnic/industrial producer half of duo Ricco and member of the Notte Brigante crew from Lyon, HLM38 “Hierophant (UVB76 remix)” off upcoming cassette “Stranger Than Dub” EP on Notte Brigante
- Nashville, TN experimental/new beat/cold electro producer Daniel Holt “Vacuous Transient” off upcoming V/A Frigio Allstars Vol.3″ EP 12″ on Frigio Records
- Greek EBM/midtempo/psych/slow techno electronic producer Aggelos Baltas (aka Dream Weapons and Fantastikoi Hxoi), Anatolian Weapons “Blood On The Pavement” off upcoming cassette EP “Anatolian Weapons feat Daniel Holt – Blood On The Pavement” on Marguerite Records
- Industrial/dark electronic/electro/EBM solo project Urban Matrix “Gäste aus dem Weltall” from “Der Countdown läuft” EP
- Cologne-based EBM/industrial techno DJ & Producer Rezystor – “Sentinel” off new V/A “#challengeaccepted: Alive” fundraising compilation aiming to raise awareness of the violence against women+ on Primus.
- Melbourne, Australia EBM /dark electronics producer LBEEZE “Distorted Month (707 Live Jam)”
- Berlin-based post industrial//techno industrial/EBM French producer, Incendie – “I let you see me” from V/A “Uncanny Valleys (Vol. I)” compilation on Area Z
- Italian industrial/EBM/techno producer NGHTLY “Ricongiungersi, Uccidere” off upcoming V/A “Die Erlösung: Kapitel 1” soon on Crave Tapes
- French industrial/rave/hard techno/EBM Dj/producer Roméo Taillardat from Paris, TERMINATION_800 “I Survived”
- German darkwave/Industrial/techno/EBM artist (1/2 half of Aesthetic Emotions) Thibeaux, aka THBX “Room” from upcoming cassette EP “Without You” on Moscow’s Routine Records
- Georgian industrial/EBM/electro producer MOVA ‘Naxes Ucxo’ from the upcoming Mini LP “Tsriuli Brunva” [INDMEK-005] on Madrid’s Industrias Mekanikas
- Colombian EBM/Industrial/rhythmic techno producer Panorama Lineal – “G.I.N.E.B.R.A” off upcoming V/A “Re-Start” compilation edited by Damaged Clock on D.Clock Records
- Madrid, Spain acid techno producer Regal – “Looking 4 Balance” off upcoming V/A “EP3” on Possession Records
- Bristol, UK industrial/IDM/breakbeat/drum & bass/techno producer and part of Ruffhouse collective, Tom Cooper, aka Karim Maas “Mosquito” from “UVB76-017″ collaborative 3-track 12” alongside Outer Heaven and Charlene on UVB-76 Music
- Montreal-based dark ambient/EBM/techno/electronic French musician Nathan Germain, aka Sprælle – “Quieto” from “CRUSH UP” EP on xenonyms
- UK experimental electronic producer Will Flisk “Outlaw Podcast”
- UK experimental/psych/trance/dub/breaks/electro DJ/producer DJN4 “Volzotan’s Phogarr” from the upcoming 2×12″ LP “Tales Of Z” on Emotional Response
- Italian electrical side project of Gianluca Bertasi (aka Feedback) co-founder with Heinrich Dressel of MinimalRome, TESLASONIC “Cyber Flow” off upcoming V/A “Urbi et Orbi 4″ 12” vinyl EP on Roma-based collective/label MinimalRome
- Dutch synth electro musician Danny Wolfers from The Hague, LEGOWELT – ‘Santiago Chile Arp Track” off upcoming “System Shapeshift” EP on Lapsus Records
- Toulon-based, Liverpool-born electro producer Carl Finlow (Carbon Academy, Random Factor, Voice Stealer), Silicon Scally “Proximity Sensor” from “Dormant” EP on Central Processing Unit
- Brooklyn-based experimental/psych/slow techno/electronic production duo of Vito Roccoforte & Gabriel Andruzzi (former rhythm section of The Rapture), Mother Of Mars – “Space Without A Shadow (MR TC Remix)” off “Space Without a Shadow” EP on Ransom Note Records
- Paris based Italo/psych/slow techno/house/cosmic disco DJ collective/live act/producer duo of Pablo Galera and David Cukier, aka Flegon – ‘Double Play (Khidja Remix)’ off upcoming ‘Extra Twist’ remixes series on Disques Flegon
- Russian Italo/sci-fi funk/electro collaboration Larionov & Sheepray – “Domination” off upcoming V/A ‘Black Earth Strikes Back’ 12″ on Hilltown Disco
- Princeton based synthwave electronic producer from Oneida, NY, Seth Haley aka COM TRUISE “False Ascendancy” from the upcoming LP “In Decay, Too” on Ghostly International
- Notorious B.I.G. – “Hypnotize (Benedikt Frey Edit)”
- St.Peterburg, Russia dark disco/disco-punk/electronic DJ/producer Sasha Balykova, aka Errortica – “Never-Ending Fun” from the upcoming “Safety Stowed” on Les Yeux Orange
- Franco–Russian new wave/synthpop alliance of Anton Berezin (Wolfstream, Seven Knives) and Jordi Sorder (Order89), OTCHIM “Princes et Fantômes (Antoni Maiovvi Remix)” from “Asphalte” EP on Diffuse Reality Records
- Belgian-born dark disco/Italo disco/house eclectic electronic DJ and music producer (aka David From Venus), aka David Garcet feat. Bedroom Poet “Is it poetry I see (Daniel Monaco Remix)” from “Is it poetry I see” EP on janemusicagency
- Melbourne, Australia dark disco/wave/slo-mo/electro/techno electronic producer/DJ, Stockholm Syndrome “Monsturia” on Controlla
- Nantes-born/ Bruxelles-based coldwave/dark disco/queer techno producer, STRAPONTIN “Miss Mickey The Dumbs (Damon Jee Remix)” off upcoming “The End Of Logic” EP on HardFist
- Berlin-based, UK electronic/dark disco/electroclash Producer/Remixer/DJ and Nein Records label boss Neil Parnell aka TRONIK YOUTH – “Effing & Jeffing” from upcoming “Freakscene” EP on Espacio Cielo
- Parisian electronic duo O.N.O ft. Jabberwocky – “The American (Panthera Krause Remix)” from upcoming EP “The American” on Exploited
- Russian techno/dark disco producer Alex Twitchy AKA Velax feat. 9Claws – “Personal Trip” from the upcoming EP “Generation Y” on NEIN Records
- Tel Aviv ethnic/house/dark disco/techno producer, Genish “Venga To Rinwo (Kincaid Remix)” off the EP ‘
Venga To Rinwo’ on Ya Hala Ya Hala Records
- Berlin-based German minimal electronic producer (former Acid Jesus, Alter Ego, and Klang Electronics/Ongaku Musik/Playhouse labels co-founder), Roman Flügel “Pattern 17 (Unreleased Bonus)” from the 3×12″ re-release of “Tracks On Delivery” (originally released on Ongaku Musik in 2000) on his own Sister Midnight label
- Munich, Germany ambient/deep techno producer Lindsey Wang, aka POLYGONIA “Above Ground” from upcoming EP “Transparent Creatures” on Lowless
- Berlin-based French experimental/techno/electronic music producer David Letellier, a.k.a. Kangding Ray “Ter” from the vinyl album “61 Mirrors / Music for SKALAR” (composed for SKALAR, an audio-visual kinetic art installation created by Christopher Bauder & Kangding Ray) on Ara label.
- Tijuana/Indianapolis minimal techno/ambient collaboration between Static Discos label co-founder Ruben Alonso Tamayo (Fax) and Kaition Slusher (Ossa), FAX | OSSA “Modder” EP on Schematic Music label
- Ireland ambient/electronic/experimental collaborative project of Lee Norris (AKA Norken, Metamatics, and Nacht Plank) and Mick Chillage, aka Autumn Of Communion “End(Sunrise For Claudio)” from upcoming S/T album on Fantasy Enhancing
- Portland, OR based dreamy ambient electronic project of Keith Kenniff (also Goldmund and Mint Julep), HELIOS “Never Will You Be Without” from the upcoming album “Domicile” on Ghostly International
- Golden, Colorado ambient/drone/experimental artist PAPERBARK “Everyone Else Runs Away” from 2xcassette album “Forest Clothes” on Seil Records