Weekly Electronic Music Tips #14
Peaks Of The Week:
- Berlin-based New Yorker electronic/dark Italo/new wave/post-punk/coldwave/dark techno producer Luca Venezia aka CURSES “Surrender (Djedjotronic Rmx)” from new ‘Surrender’ EP on Dischi Autunno
French producer and BoysNoize Records affiliated Djedjotronic provides a throbbing and darker, ebm-tinged, blast of dancefloor energetic edge to the heady blend of electro, techno, post-punk and coldwave of Curses‘ original, with oustanding results.
- Leeds, UK ambient electronic project of former Hood and The Declining Winter, Richard Adams (also member of Memory Drawings, Great Panoptique Winter and Northern Exchange), aka WESTERN EDGES “Solid Gold Soul” from the debut album “Prowess” on Athens’ Sound In Silence label
The new moniker of Richard Adams breaths rugged breathtaking West Yorkshire landscape suggestions imbued by ethereal chords, meandering melodies, blissful sounds, droning aural textures and minimal rhythm patterns in a hazy vortex of deep heartfelt emotions and enrapturing sensations.
- Kaunas, Lithuania industrial techno/EBM producer TEATRE “Surrender” from V/A “SELF-AWARE IV” on X-IMG
As usual the compilations from the excellent Berlin-based X-IMG label runs by Emad Dabiri aka SΛRIN don’t miss the opportunity to showcase the best up-and-coming talents from the international industrial techno/EBM scene, new to me is the Lithuanian young producer Teatre with an evocative,droning and pulsating thumper channelling the best bits of 90’s techno.
- Bulgarian ambient/drone/electronic artist Scav “Morphing Clouds VII” from “Morphing Clouds” album on Faint
- Italian veteran ambient /deep /dub /techno producer from Rome, Luigi Tozzi “Raiders” from “Wastelands” 12″ EP on Swedish label Hypnus
- Swedish ambient / electronic / techno producer Jonas Rönnberg from Stockholm, VARG “Death.Toggle / CheatingIntensityBuff_Fearless (ft. Fatal & Chatline)” from the upcoming EP “Sky City: Even in the Heart of Heaven, Angels Can Still Feel Fear” on Northern Electronics
- Paris-based Italian electronic producer (one half of Maledetti) Giampaolo Scapigliati aka Lamusa II “Artificiale” off forthcoming V/A “Elsewhere LVI.” on Emotional Response, the 4th compilation of SoFa’s series.
- Berlin-based Irish/Danish experimental /industrial /dark electronic /IDM /techno collaboration between producers Simon Hayes (Swarm Intelligence) and Mads Lindgren (Monolog), DIASIVA “Debris” from new EP “Thirst” on Instruments Of Discipline
- Paris based Rave/EBM INDUSTRIAL producer MSKD, aka Ghost Effects “Eternal Disaster (CORROID‘s Schlussakt)” from “Eternal Disaster” EP on Istanbul’s COUP
- Derry-based industrial/dark experimental electro/ EBM project of Christian Donaghy, Autumns “Sometime Soon” from upcoming EP ”Shortly After Nothing” out early May via Oliver Ho’s label Death & Leisure.
- Madrid, Spain dark disco / electronic dj/producer and Play Pal Music owner Teniente Castillo “No Deal To Seal (Rigopolar Remix)” from upcoming EP “No Deal To Seal” on Play Pal Music
- Russian dark disco / electronic producer WHITE MAGIK “Total Ego Loss (Randolph & Mortimer Remix)” from upcoming EP “Total Ego Loss” on NEIN Records
- Bucharest-based psychedelic cosmic electronic krautrock Romanian duo Khidja “I’m So Bored” first single from Khidja’s new EP “In The Middle Of The Night” out now on DFA Records
- US synth dark experimental electronic witch house producer Frank Ocean from Spokane, WA, BLVCK CEILING “Carry Me Home” title track from upcoming 4-track cassette on Polycoffin
- New collaborative industrial / techno project of Berlin-based producers SARIN & Unhuman, aka NOSTROMO “Terrain Ahead” from the upcoming “Extreme Manifestations” on Aufnahme + Wiedergabe.
- EBM / synth-pop project of Sneaker from Dresden/Berlin and Scannoir from Zürich, aka ½GOTT “Dead Luck (½GOTT Edit by Scannoir)” off V/A “V.A. – MATEDITERIA” (MATERIÁ 005) compilations of edits on whypeopledance
- Colombia‘s dark electronics / EBM solo performance project by the fashion designer and modern artist Carolina Vannoy, aka VORTEX “Red Wine (Cute Heels Club mix)” 2-track EP on Black Leather Records
- Dutch electro / minimal synthwave project by Willem Stinissen from Amsterdam, Raderkraft “Du Bist Meine” from “Smart Control” EP
- Spanish electronic / minimal synth / dark synth project from Barcelona, INTERSIGNO “Nostalgia”
- Italian dark synth electronic Dj, Producer, Remixer and head of Mannequin Records, Alessandro Adriani “Inverted Aspects (feat. Beau Wanzer)” off upcoming EP ‘‘Embryo’’ on Stroboscopic Artefacts
- Paris, France post-punk / dark electro / dark disco artist DJ Varsovie – “September” title track from upcoming EP on his own Intervision label
- Greek/Chinese industrial dark electronic techno collaboration, DJ LOSER, XIAO QUAN – 老虎的偉大秩序 –
- French dark electro / EBM / techno producer from Grenoble, Michel Amato aka The Hacker, aka AMATO “Sequencer Rouillé” from upcoming EP 12″ “Mécanismes Vol.1” on Pinkman
- Paris techno producer Raär “Renaissance” from upcoming EP “La Mort” on his own Brussels’ imprint Vaerel Records
- UK/US experimental/IDM/noise/techno/electronic collaborative project, Samuel Kerridge & Taylor Burch (DVA Damas) “Transmission 6” from the upcoming album “The Other” on Downwards Records
- Greek experimental / ebm / industrial techno / electronic producer FREGEDIS [Functional Robotic Android Generated for Efficient Destruction and Immediate Sabotage] “Intersection#2” from the upcoming EP “Intersection” on Athens’ Modal Analysis
- Berlin-based industrial/electro/noise/dark techno producer NO NATION “Merzbuck First Ride” (re Edit)
- Argentina’s lo-fi / EBM / industrial / dark noise electronic producer SWORDSMITH – “Feel The Power”
- Italian lo-fi/experimental/industrial/dark techno producer and owner of underground label Eufemia, Religius Order “Vite Nascoste” from forthcoming V/A “Union Libre” out June 1 on Rengaine Records
- Swiss experimental/industrial/electronic multimedia project by Karl Steffen & Marcel Hollenstein founded in the early 80s in the east of Switzerland, HALLE K – “Ignoramus” (recorded in a live performance in 1984 and self-released on the „Grünes Gold“ tape in 1985) off V/A “Resist Entropy” EP via Zurich’s Lustpoderosa imprint.
- Dominick Fernow‘s Prurient – “Palm Tree Corpse (Couronne de Merde ‘Silent Sunday’ Version)”
- French electro producer (also Entrave and Oshkossh), Mindless Evolving Objects – “Lunar Trace” from V/A “Central Nervous System” on Distorted Sensory Perception
- Athens, Greek composer Akis Daoutis, aka AKIS “Into The Light (Tolouse Low Trax Remix)” from upcoming ‘Remixed’ EP on Into the Light
- Canadian ambient / IDM / synth electronic producer from Toronto, HOLON “Destination Unknown”
- Canadian experimental/psych/avant-garde/electronic project of Suuns‘ member Ben Shemie “A Skeleton (Gnoomes remix)” off “Remixes” EP on Hands In The Dark
- Experimental electronic duo made of Cologne-based DJ Phillip Jondo and Glasgow-based artist Simon Weins, aka GARLAND “Gar.Ske” from upcoming ‘#2’ album on Amsterdam’s Lullabies For Insomniacs
- Dublin, Ireland ambient / drone / field recordings / electronic producer Ian Nyquist “Point West”
- Philadelphia-based ambient/drone trio of Michael Tasselmyer, Andrew Tasselmyer and Steven Kemner, HOTEL NEON “Dark Becomes Dawn” from the album “Vanishing Forms”