PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- GNOM | Mix 103 Volupté
This week’s elegant and immersive set by Parisian music lover and DJ Guillaume Ageron AKA Gnom combines deep and powerful beats, poignant basslines, and swirling evocative synths, swaying between Dark Disco, Wave, Synth-Pop, Electro, and Coldwave, to trigger the most earnest and lush craves for the dark dance floor.
- Istanbul, Turkey-based ambient /ritual /industrial /dark techno producer Varteres Durise – “Erase Me” from upcoming V/A “Primordial Chaos” on Tbilisi‘s Borders Of Known
Turkish producer with a ritualistic, oppressive and seething blanket of dark primal textures that melts, expand, and spark amid around sears of hopeless ritual synth swathes, stomped to death by the oppressive weight of heavy relentless beats spewing metallic shrapnels of pain under the unstoppable, sinister momentum of fury fuelled chaos. A more than gripping and intriguing introduction to the upcoming Borders Of Known‘s compilation.
- Laramie, Wyoming ambient /noise /drone /guitar /electronic solo experimental music project, Trucking to Tokyo “Brief lectures on the future of automation” from the album “Blood Agar, Home” on Eating Napkins
An assemblage of hypnotic escapist synth ruminations, rustling dark ambient restlessness, amidst harsh, droning slivers of guitar wanderings, and nervous brief moments of dissonant noise, define the fragmented soundtrack of an increasingly shattered dystopian world.
- London-based dark space disco /acid /electro /indie dance /space /techno producer ED Tomlinson aka UNCOMMON “Space” from the upcoming EP “Each To There Own” on Nein Records
A heady indie-dance concoction of different sound elements from electro, disco, acid and techno in the eclectic style of Nein Records. Uncommon‘s first preview spins sinuously pulsing acidic bass tones to instil lilting mystery and danger around rolling patterns of groovy crispy beats, whilst a stack of icy-bright synth glows swirl and flash ceaselessly in tinkling uncanny spacey melodies to draw entrancing dancefloor fantasies from a subconscious well of haunted memories.
- UK based techno /dark electro DJ-producer ISSU “Oscillate” from “Elementary Particula” EP on Austin’s Science Cult
UK based electronic DJ-producer ISSU relentlessly delivers dark, sci-fi, dance-ready technoid electro through chaotic nocturnal realms of brisk, buzzing basslines’ rumbling danger, hypnotic neck-breaking beats, suspenseful synth swells, and paranoia-inducing whispers, to expand skewed perceptions into a gritty, distorted view of ancient menace igniting obscure, dancefloor dungeons with an unstoppable flow of sentient doom.
- Belgian experimental /spoken words /electronic artist Roman Hiele, AKA Hiele Kinsella – “The Third Summer of Love” 7″ single on STROOM.tv
- London experimental /industrial /ambient /ethnic /electronic producer ABU AMA “Arabxo TRPY” from upcoming Split cassette album with Faintface [Accents Records]
- Paris-based ambient /experimental /noise /industrial side project of techno /EBM /electronic producer MIND | MATTER aka Coupe-Gorge “Ruins” single
- Bruxelles, Belgium industrial /dark ambient /shamanism /drone /psych /contemplative /experimental /techno producer HUMN “The Portal (feat. Monica Kinolta)” from the upcoming EP “Opening The Gate” on Antibody label
- German ritual ambient bands, Nam-Khar & Vortex “The Dancing Flame” from the upcoming LP “Nag-Hammadi” on Winter-Light
- Swiss dark ambient /ritual /techno producer Øne19 – “The Fall” from the upcoming “The Fall” EP [Voidance Records]
- Malta/US Dark Ambient /Industrial /Ritual /Tribal /Techno collaboration Devil’s Breath + Palazzo’s Monstrosity Coil “Aphonia” from the album “Extremity Of Human Suffering” on Raumklang Music
- Budapest, Hungary dark ambient /drone /noise /industrial /techno electronic musician János Borsos AKA Mike Nylons “Remember der Ember” from the album “Eneme III” final chapter of the ‘Eneme Trilogy’ on EXILES
- Brooklyn, NY based eclectic experimental /electronic producer William Burnett (aka Black Deer, Grackle,DJ Speculator), Willie Burns – “I Am Back” from V/A “Risks Issues Opportunities” on R.i.O. Label
- Japanese Industrial /Dub /Post-Punk project led by Takayuki Shiraishi (BGM, MLD),aka Tristan Disco “Social Dance (Krikor Retake)” from the upcoming EP “Demonstration Takes & Retakes” on Camisole Records
- Medellín, Colombia lo-fi experimental /electro /EBM /techno /dark synth solo project of Faunes Efes, FILMMAKER “Vampire Tactics” from the album “Motion Pictures Regime”
- Northwest Germany industrial techno producer Ike Dusk – “Naked Truth” from V/A “Interference With The Present” [HMX009] cassette album on Home Mort
- Berlin-based Post-Industrial /EBM /Techno producer Andrea Riberti, UNCONSCIOUS “Wunderwaffen” from V/A “Barrizal VA K7.1” cassette compilation on BARRO
- Maltese Proto-EBM Old-School Industrial newcomer SUBVERSIVE “Subversive Intent” off of 4-tracker EP “Subversive Intent” on Veleno Viola
- Italian EBM /industrial /techno producer Endless Nothing – “Memories and Emptiness” from the “Omnia Fert Aetas” EP on SHISHI.
- Nantes, France industrial noise techno producer BLACK PEYOTE “Reign Of The Knight” from upcoming EP
- French techno /noise /electronic act from Nantes, Le Crabe – “Amour Unilateral – Katamoidedaze (Japanese Version)” from the upcoming EP “Amour Unilateral” 10th Anniversary Edition on Nu Body Records
- Brooklyn, NY based Electro /Noise /Acid /Industrial /Techno Bay Area‘s DJ and producer Éstudy – “Hold Up” from upcoming “Stunt Double” cassette [Pildoras Tapes]
- Athens, Greece dark disco /synth-pop /electronic duo of Vangelis LAGASTA and Tareq, AKA Boys’ Shorts – “New Era (Vocal Radio Mix)” from upcoming EP “New Era” on Iptamenos Discos
- Belgo–Albanian post-punk /synth-pop duo of SoFa and Shelbatra Jashari, AKA Elektronik Body Girl “Alba (Instrumental)” [digital bonus] from the 12″ EP “Elektronic Body Girl” on Emotional Response
- Russian dark electronic producer and singer-songwriter from Moscow, DRIADA “Drown in My Eyes (Gewalt remix)” from “Край / Land (Remixes)” album on her label Routine.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina dark electronic producer Vedia Bakia, aka KOMAROVO “Todxs Se Perden” single
- Berlin-based dark disco /dark electronic /wave collaboration between DJ/producers duo Vamparela & Brax Moody and Buenos Aires-native, Local Suicide & Skelesys – “Weird Encounters” from upcoming EP “No Evidence” on Samo Records
- German house /Italo disco /indie dance producer Panthera Krause – “Como Dada” title track from upcoming 2-track single “Como Dada” on Riotvan
- Italian electronic pioneer Marco Passarani, AKA Passarani ‘Neverending Scrolling’ from the upcoming sixth studio album, “The Wildlife Of The Quieter Ones” on Aus Music
- Italian ambient /drum & bass /breakbeat /electro DJ/Producer Ex.Hale – ‘Neurale’ from the forthcoming album “Mothra” on Teorema Series by Diffuse Reality Records.
- Rotterdam, Netherlands ambient /IDM /electro producer Mata Disk “Rez” from “Surrounder” EP on Nous’klaer Audio
- Brussels, Belgium breakbeat /dark electro producer Arsonist Recorder – “Heat Seek” from upcoming V/A “Occupants v1” on Science Cult
- Lyon, France acid /electro producer BOTWIN “Just A Single Horn” from V/A “Liquid Source” on Bardouin Music
- Toulouse, France techno producer Kmyle “Train to Valhalla” off of upcoming “Apocalypse Basement Dance” EP on Skryptöm records
- Moscow, Russian cosmic /techno acid /breakbeat /electronic producer and co-founder of ИДА label & DJ-crew, Kolomensky “Mist 99″ from the upcoming “Breaky Pieces For Vague Times” EP on Lustpoderosa
- Berlin-based NewYorker electronic /Italo disco /new wave /post-punk /coldwave /dark techno producer Luca Venezia aka CURSES – “Handsome Eyes” from upcoming V/A “Playground 9 Years Compilation” on Playground Records
- Spanish dark disco /indie dance /techno producer Stylic – “Robots Among Us (Tevatea Remix)” from upcoming “NOOSPHERE” EP on Quixotical Records
- French Dark Disco /Indie Dance /Electro /Wave /Electronic producer MMYYLO – “She Kisses” from V/A “HEARec, Vol.6” compilation [HEARec]
- Italian ethnic /downtempo /acid /tribal electronic DJ/producer based in Rome, A-Tweed “Egyptian Ring (Rambal Cochet‘s Turtle Trance Mix)” from the EP “Crack of Dawn” on Electric Shapes
- Montreal, Quebec techno /prog house /dark trance /electronic producer Maara – “Going All The Way Up” from V/A – “Stranger Together” charity compilation on Remotif / Familiar Strangers Recordings
- Belgian cosmic disco/dark electro producers Dimitri Andreas and Spacid, aka Marching Machines – “Monade” from upcoming EP “ Melancholie 0100” on Wrong Era
- Berlin-based EBM /Italo Disco UK producer Jimmy Horton, aka RADONDO “Dust (Franz Scala Remix)” from upcoming “Dante” EP [Loose Fit Records]
- Italian Trance /Indie Dance /Italo-Disco DJ-producer UABOS “Illusion” from the upcoming EP “Soul on Soul” on AEON.
- Boston based electronic /experimental/dark ambient /cosmic /psych /drone collective Violet Nox “Moonshine – Remix by The Deckadent Movement“
- Miami, FL ambient electronic project of Richard Vergez, aka Night Foundation – “Desolnation” from the album “Reflection” on his own Noir Age
- Erfurt, Germany ambient /field recordings /dub /piano /cosmic /electronic artist Nora Sorrel AKA Aethernal “Mirrors (feat. Gabriel)” from the upcoming album “Exile” on Shimmering Moods Records
- Brooklyn, NY ambient duo of harpist/vocalist Marilu Donovan and violinist/vocalist Adam Markiewicz, LEYA “Glass Jaw (feat. Julie Byrne)” from the upcoming LP “Eyeline” on NNA Tapes
- Swedish ambient /experimental /drone artist Magnus Jensen, AKA Indiegubben “Under Vatten” from the cassette album “Mörka Moln” on Noir Age
- Austin, TX based ambient music project focusing on modular and other hardware synthesizers of Damon Barbieri, AKA Sunbeamer “sunrise” from upcoming cassette album “Cape” on Giraffe Tapes
- Curitiba, Brazil ambient /cinematic /neo-classical composer-musician Felipe Ayres “Réquiem para Gregor Samsa” from the album “Nepenthe” on Mystery Circles
- Los Angeles‘ ambient soundscape and visual project of award-winning composer and conceptual artist, Robot Koch, AKA Foam and Sand “Circle 20” from the album “Full Circle” on Dauw
- Brighton/Toronto ambient /drone collaboration between Home Normal label owner Ian Hawgood and Polar Seas Recordings label head Brad Deschamps (Anthéne), AKA Rosales “Loom” from the album “Woven Songs” via Home Normal and Polar Seas Recordings