PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Aperitif de la Mort [AM-018] : NAP
Set of the week comes from Colombian-born, Montreal based artist and Isla imprint honcho, Daniel Rincón, aka NAP, intensely and relentlessly rumbling, chugging and jugging through an exotic, hypnotic and sultry dark concoction of electro, wave, tribal, disco and much more.
- Derry-based industrial/dark experimental electronic/EBM project of Christian Donaghy, Autumns “My Hand” from V/A “The Ultimate Sounds Of Universe II” compilation on Mosaique Records
Brilliant sampler from the recently productive and highly effective Saint Petersburg-based imprint runs by Moralez (of The Bleak Engineers). Amongst many hits, stands out Autumns‘ EBM belter, with hypnotic and oscillating bassline, propelled by punching whipping beats, that creeps their way in, pulses and sputters over a dense gust of whirling hiss and buzz, distorted voices and bleeding electronics.
- Irish experimental electronic producers Gareth Smyth (aka Lumigraph) and David Kitt (aka New Jackson), GARIES “What A Room” from the upcoming “In Bits” EP on DC’s Future Times
The first preview from Dubliner duet delivers mind-bending hyper-dynamic, sputtering, vivid sound abstractions and hypnotic bleep melodies with nods to ’90s early Warp IDM and Detroit electro.
- French electronic producer from Paris, Yan Wagner aka The Populists “Prehistoric Lemurs” off of forthcoming V/A “From Above Vol. II” on LumièreNoire
The genre-defying Parisian producer Yan Wagner is back on the fold with his equally unique and dynamic, as crispy and bouncing, heady whirlwind of electro, new beat, breakbeat and lot more…unmistakably The Populist!
- French experimental/electronic/synthwave/psychedelic ‘pop-terroriste’ from Rennes, Bernard Grancher “Flemme Corporelle” from the upcoming cassette album “Aveugle Etincelle” on Castles In Space
- Glasgow-based kosmische/vintage drum machine/analogue synthesizer French duo Double Discone “Espionage Industriel” from “Géant de Fer” EP on Invisible, Inc.
- ’80s British synth-pop/jazzdance collective Man Jumping – “Walk On, Bye (Khidja Remix)” [originally released in 1984 via Billy Nelson’s Cocteau Records] off 12″ on Emotional Rescue
- Israel indie rock artist HILA RUACH “Buffalo Bill (ELIEZER Remix)” from “Music By Laptops – Remixes” EP
- London, UK based chug/acid/nu-disco/balearic producer FUTURE UNIT “Better Than Silence (Future Unit remix)” remix of original track taken from the new album ‘Broken Amplifier’
- Tel Aviv, Israel dark disco/techno/electronic producer DOR DANINO “Melomad” off upcoming 12″ “Melomad” on NEIN Records
- Amsterdam, based dark disco electronic solo project of UK producer Timothy ‘Heretic’ Clerkin, otherwise known as half of the DJ duo Eskimo Twins, Timothy Clerkin – ”Exist Between The Spaces” from upcoming “Psalm” EP on his own Insult To Injury Records
- Edinburgh’s nu disco/psych/electronic producer and Paradise Palms label founder, Jacuzzi General “IKEA” from upcoming “Aqua palace” EP on Paradise Palms
- Madrid-based Italo disco/electronic Chilean producer Julian García-Reyes aka JGR “Paxillus” from upcoming “Sideral” EP on Emerald & Doreen Records
- Dark disco/new wave collaboration between producers Offenbach‘s Chinaski and Berlin-based New Yorker Luca Venezia, Chinaski & Curses – “Forever (Chinaski Für Immer Mix)” off upcoming “Forever” EP on Dischi Autunno
- Legendary UK experimental techno-punk DJ, producer, and remixer Andrew Weatherall – “Unknown Plunderer (Manfredas Remix)” off of upcoming 12″ EP “Unknown Plunderer / End Times Sound” on Byrd Out
- Belgian jazz/pop musician, singer-songwriter, and composer Manu Louis – “Internet (Front De Cadeaux Remix)” off of “Cream Parade (remixes)” on Le Pacifique Records / Igloo Records
- Tel Aviv-based Hebrew Electronic Ironic project duo Megaphonim – “Megaphon (Kino Todo Remix)” off of the upcoming album “Sofer Stam” via Unterman
- Mid ’80s Swiss actress and pop singer, Cristine Combe “Conseils aux enfants sages” (Thomass Jackson Boisterous Rework) on Hard Fist
- Italian experimental/breakbeat/IDM/techno project of 1/2 of Hyperlacrimae and 11xxx27, aka Nocturnerror “Breaking Silence (Don’t Keep Away the Gloom)” from the upcoming cassette album “Unnecessary” on A Flooded Need
- Bavaria-based breakbeat/electronic producer David Goldberg – “M4L-UV (Joannes Remix)” off of V/A ” Bavarian Stallion Remix Series 2″ 12″ on RFR Records
- Dumfries, UK electro punk producer OTAKU FRONT “Otaku Square Smash” title track from the new album.
- Barcelona-based IDM/techno/electro Spanish DJ and producer Annie Hall “Verd Mar” from upcoming EP “Fum” on Central Processing Unit
- Glasgow‘s dark synth/acid/electro solo project of Kal C aka South Heights “Город Призраков”
- Manchester, UK IDM/electro producer Armec “Auden” off of 4-track EP “Diametric” on Echocentric Records.
- Landing, France electro/rave/acid/techno producer Nineties Entities – “Synesthesia” from V/A  compilation on newArray
- Parisian electronic producer Jon Beige – “The Sake Of Talking” from V/A ‘Future Was Like’ EP sampler on Global Warming Records
- West Wales, UK techno/electro producer SAAH – “Stygian” off 2-tracker EP “Brainwave / Stygian” on Typeless Records
- Paris-based electronic/EBM/techno side project of Rendez-Vous‘ member Maxime Gendre, aka MAXIMUM TRAUMA “Network of Pain” title track from the new EP
- French industrial dark electronic producer and Body Theory label boss Sebastien Michel (aka Daxyl, Elements of Joy), aka UVB “A Man Of God” from the EP ” Your Path To Us” on Berlin’s Body Theory
- Greek vintage analogue synth/electronic producer Tsampikos Fronas aka JUNE “The Passenger” from upcoming album “Silver Demon” on Mannequin Records
- Italian ambient/downtempo/techno producer Oblivian – “Point Zero (Nørbak Remix)” off upcoming cassette “Suspire Of Cassiopea” EP on Dystant Recordings
- Lithuanian techno/EBM/electronic producer GIXI “Iliuzijų Vartai”
- Barcelona, Spain industrial/elektro-punk/EBM/post wave/post-punk/dark beats project by multi-instrumentist and producer Víctor Hurtado, (Ordre Etern, Qa’a, Huan), collaborator of artists such as Jochen Arbeit (Einstürzende Neubauten) and Nurse With Wound, FUTURO DE HIERRO – “Costumbres Y Medidas” taken from the upcoming 12″ EP “Costumbres Y Medidas” on Gooiland Elektro/Màgia Roja
- San Diego-based industrial project of Vanessa Harris (aka the live drummer of W.A.S.T.E.), aka RATIO STRAIN “Objectify” from the debut album “Century Of The Self” on Speakerfly Productions
- Belgium’s techno industrial producer Parashaft – “Ego Death” title track of the new EP on Haunted
- Experimental/noise/acid techno international collaboration project between Drvg Cvltvre (Holland), Dylab (Australia) and Kuvera B (France), aka DEATH LABS “Le Monde Est A Nous I” from the EP “Le Monde Est A Nous” on Tripalium Corp
- St. Petersburg, Russia dark hard techno producer Ivan Karpov, aka Vanya Koreya “Life Of Hate” title track from the new EP on Colombia‘s Bad Reputation
- Georgia, Tbilisi experimental techno/EBM producer MOVA “Closed doors” from “Sitsariele” [EP] on Berlin’s Vumantra
- Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK minimal/techno/electronic producer CASS LAMB “Coming up for Air” new single on Kaneda Records
- Barcelona-based experimental/minimal synth/synthpop/electronic project of Gerard Ryan, aka Le Cliché “Track 1″ from vinyl 12” album “Post-Post`Plagiarism: The Extra Tracks” via Manufactured Desire Records
- Toronto, Canada ambient/drone/industrial/electronic producer Crisis Actor – “Arrival” from the cassette album “Borrowed Time” via Summer Isle
- Californian Ambient/Dark Ambient/Drone/Ghost music project of Paul Lopez, SANA OBRUENT “Lumières” from “Tria Carmina” EP
- Netherlands ambient/drone/atmospheric producer Dynastor “Crystaline Caverns” from the cassette album “Tales of a Story” on ΠΑΝΘΕΟΝ