PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Miley Serious mix for RS
Set of the week comes from Parisian dj, 99cts Records boss and host on Rinse France FM, Miley Serious. Expect a a bracing wide sonic spectrum spanning from EBM, acid, techno, post-punk to electro and breakbeat and more.
- The Hague-based Greek new beat/electronic producer Pasiphae – “Zoned” from upcoming V/A “MRG007” Coronavirus Benefit cassette compilation on Marguerite Records
In this devastating time for Italy, and especially for the North-Eastern part, the Italian tape label based in Milan, right one of the worst-hit area, is going to release the 7th volume of its cassette compilation, whose sales proceeds will be donated to charity, namely Niguarda hospital of Milan, to face the COVID-19 emergency. Ten of the most interesting artists from the underground electronic scene with a sound that blurring the lines between Post-Punk, New Wave, New Beat, Downtempo and Experimental. Due to the increasingly emergency, is recommend to donate between March 16th to April 5th.
- UK Industrial/Synth/Electronic duo from Sheffield, Randolph & Mortimer vs ROÜGE – “Sermon Three” from the new EP “Union of the Faithful”
New EP of 4 hard-hitting yet danceable, dark and minimal EBM-infused techno tracks in a powerful yet refined mix between old-style industrial/body music/electro and techno from Sheffield production duo, whose proceeds will be donated to the most vulnerable in the Sheffield area (https://www.disabilitysheffield.org.uk/).
- Stuttgart, German techno electronic producer, part of Vision Ekstase collective (aka HISS / Vision Ekstase), Rove Ranger “Stutenlove” from V/A “LOBSTER PLUR Volume 3” Lobster Theremin‘s three-volume PLUR digital charity compilation series
Huge multi-genre 3-volume compilation from London-based label Lobster Theremin, runs by Jimmy Asquith, whose 100% of profits will be donated to mental health charity Mind, homeless charity Shelter. Check out the impressive deep vertiginous chord progression from Rove Ranger.
- Berlin-based Colombian experimental electronic artist Lucrecia Dalt “Errors of Skin Variante” from the album “Anticlines Outtakes” on RVNGIntl
- Ambient/space music/soundscape/electronic artist and experimental sound designer from The Netherlands, Lingua Lustra “Inner Beauty” from upcoming EP “Astra” on Exosphere
- Toronto, Canada lo-fi electro/retro-analogue/synthwave/synth producer Justin Case, aka Oxykitten “Space Biscuit” from “Attack of the Koala People” LP out 3/30 on Polytechnic Youth
- London-based, American/Australian experimental analog electronic music project of Penelope Trappes & Stephen Hindman, The Golden Filter “Back/Forth”
- UK experimental electronic producer Will Flisk “Alien Alien”
- Cambridge, UK acid-techno/UK bass/house/post-dubstep/electro producer NCHX “Strobing Thistle” off 2-track lathe cut 7″ single on Polytechnic Youth
- London-based Italian experimental/techno duo Tapefeed – “FPOT (Answer Code Request Remix)” off of upcoming “Ruled by the Blondes” EP on Metempsychosis Records
- London-based Budapest-bred deep dark electronic producer Imre Kiss “Oimachi (Intergalactic Gary Remix)” from upcoming “Oimachi” EP on Dalmata Daniel
- French experimental/ambient/electro artist (aka Vita, Zerkalo, Weltgeist, Inkamera), Victoria Lukas “To The Cold Fire of Our Heart” from the EP “Les Apocalyptiques” [Music from the motion picture by SMITH & Lucien Raphmaj, ‘Les Apocalyptiques’, 2020].
- French coldwave/post-punk/dark electronic trio from Toulouse, BLIND.DELON “The New Prayer (Umwelt Remix)” from “People Of God” 12″ EP on Intervision
- Swiss ambient/acid/breakbeat/electro producer from Geneva (part of the Brainwaves crew), WEIT “Frequency Submission” from upcoming V/A “Brian Waves” on Brainwaves
- St. Petersburg, Russian electro music producer Platoon Quick, PQ17 “Sahara” from upcoming EP on Electro Music Coalition
- Amsterdam/London/Berlin industrial/techno/acid/electro trans-disciplinary Dutch artist and co-founder of BAKK and Rubber labels, Thomas van Linge, aka Randstad “God Lust” from V/A “Big Material” via If-Only
- Hamburg / Berlin dark/acid/techno producer VUUDUU “Voices” taken from the upcoming EP “System Shutdown” on RND.Records
- Industrial/dark electronic/electro/EBM solo project Urban Matrix “Time And Space” from “Adventures In Time And Space” debut EP
- Parisian electro/EBM/synth/techno producer ???????????????????????????????????????? ‘QRTN’ – (WEEK01)
- Buenos Aires, Argentina techno-industrial producer Aprilê “Muerna” from the new EP “Enfyel” on Insane Industry
- Paris-based hard techno producer Sina XX “Bunker Youth” (COVID-002)
- Finnish industrial/metal/techno project of Otto Mikkonen, aka TOT “Deliverance” from upcoming “Fragmented” cassette via Amok Tapes
- Barcellona-based, Buenos Aires‘ experimental electronic producer Thissperso “This Is Not Over Yet”
- Japanese industrial/electro/EBM/techno producer Sannomiya, aka BAROQUE “Montage” from the album “Dramamine” on Pildoras Tapes
- French Experimental | Drone | Ambient | Dark Techno producer Clarence Park “Pornic” from the upcoming 12″ EP “Imperial Suite” on Voidance Records
- UK house/EBM/kosmische/techno producer and part of Forward Strategy Group & Blacknecks, Bleaching Agent “Youngblood” off of upcoming “Not Colour Absolute” EP on Berlin-based Hot Concept
- Lithuanian-based dark disco/electronic audio-visual project led by duo Liudas and Oskaras, ROE DEERS “Breikas (Edit)” from “EDITS VOL. 1” EP
- Brazilian techno producer and DJ, Renato Cohen – “Lone Ranger” off upcoming EP on Pets Recordings
- Edinburgh, UK deep techno/house producer and Beautiful Strangers label head, THEO KOTTIS “Nothing to Lose” title track from the new EP on Beautiful Strangers
- Geneva, Swiss-based Middle East/Arabic/Bollywood influenced psych/ethnic/electronic duo RAMIN & REDA “Jmel Jmel” from the EP “Eastern Cuts” on Afrobotic Musicology
- Spokane, WA experimental/dark synth/electronic/witch house producer Frank Ocean, BLVCK CEILING “Camera Kiss” from the new album “Fashion Victim” on Polycoffin
- Brooklyn, NY based ambient/drone artist J. Carter “Like A Waltz” from the upcoming vinyl/cassette album “Rejoice!” on new berlin-based Vaagner sublabel A Sunken Mall and Opal Tapes
- UK ambient project of Dennis Huddleston, 36 “Music For Isolation (Part 3)” from the EP “Music For Isolation”
- Ambient solo project Lunar Garden “Bloom” from the cassette album “Planted” via Aural Canyon
- Stockholm, Sweden dark ambient/drone/gravewave artist LIVMØDR “Lilith” from the album “Wasteland”