Weekly Electronic Music Tips #31
Igor Piwowarczyk photography
Peaks Of The Week:
- Saint Petersburg, Russian new beat/trance/electro/dark disco project of Seven Knives member Dj/producer Kirill Rem (Electrodynamique and Piezo), aka WHITE MAGIK “Escape The Void (Brynjolfur Remix)” from upcoming EP “Escape The Void” on NEIN Records
One of my favourite project from the amazingly inexhaustible Nein Records roster is White magik, the moniker of the eclectic Russian producer Kirill Rem, here under the remix treatment of his Danish counterpart Brynjolfur: dark, obscure, chugging, trippy with winding, utterly compelling and evocative futuristc cosmic synths.
- “Kippur in Kyoto” (Autarkic & Hectik edit) off of ‘Autarkic & Hectik EDITS’ [AOS00?] via Tel-Aviv based brand new Nadav Spiegel (Autarkic) and Neil Cohen co-founded label Age Of Self.
First release from the brand new Tel Aviv based label Age Of Self, started by Nadav Spiegel (Autarkic) and Neil Cohen, in order to put out what they like with no restrictions, haha I know this feeling! Three obscure club-not-club edits by Autarkic himself and Maor Anava (aka Hectik), my favorite is the Eastern Asia flavored, sultry, rhythmically hypnotic and somehow ritual “Kippur in Kyoto”.
- Greek psychedelic folk electronic producer Aggelos Baltas (aka Dream Weapons and Fantastikoi Hxoi), Anatolian Weapons “Ofiodaimon (Tolouse Low Trax vs Anatolian Weapons Remix)” from new remix EP “Ofiodaimon” on Beats In Space
Athens‘ Aggelos Baltas is one of the boldest and exciting producer around continuously developing an ecleptic and boundless electronic sound (check for his frequent long mixes on Soundcloud), here with a remix clash vs. Düsseldorf‘s finest Detlef Weinrich (of Kreidler) to create trance-inducing, absorbing and unearthly downtempo rhythms infused with ethnic undertones that will completely suck you in.
- Vladivostok, Russia retro/synthwave/sovietwave solo project Весна 310 ‘Фантастика (feat Гербарий)’ from the new album ‘Минувших дней память’
- UK experimental electronic producer Will Flisk “Cleitus The Black 1”
- Turkish lo-fi folk/ethereal/ambient and electronica female composer (one half of Proudpilot) from Istanbul, Ekin Üzeltüzenci aka Ekin Fil ‘Over you’ from the album “Heavy” originally released on cassette via No Kings in 2016, it’ll be reissued on vinyl by Berlin’s Vaagner at the end the month.
- Barcelona-based electronic producer by way of Venezuela, Cardopusher “Matter of Conviction” off of upcoming V/A “Ritual Rhythms (of the Obscure Mediterranean Souls)” on Barcelona’s Modern Obscure Music
- Gothenburg, Sweden ambient/dub/deep techno artist Ess M., aka AMBLE “Sidewalk Sibilance” from the album “Drip” on Repeatle
- Ukrainian dark deep techno producer SVAROG “Rhetoric” from V/A “#100 part 2” on Spain’s Newrhythmic records
- Lisbon-born and raised electronic DJ, producer, boss of Naive records, co-founder of Rádio Quântica, and mina resident, VIOLET “Half Crazy” from upcoming debut album “Bed of Roses” on Dark Entries
- Los Angeles’ new electronic collaboration between Khris Reinshagen (Nostilevo, L.F.A. +++) and Marc Gonya (Granite Mask, Mortal Bodies), aka VSCC ‘7_10_31’ from ‘EMSGD’ on Opal Tapes
- Cologne, Germany based electronic producer Julian Stetter “Rumors (SONNS Remix)” from “Sensual” EP 12″ on Mireia
- West Virginia-based Appalachia’s eclectic experimental electronic producer Mark Williams aka BARY CENTER ” Devine Intermission” from the upcoming album ”Almost Heaven” via Detroit’s Jacktone
- Swedish dark ambient/modular synth/neo-classical duo of Peter Josefsson on modular synthesizer and Henrik Meierkord on cello and strings, MEIPR “Senkulpa” from the album “Egalecto” on Alvaret Tape Rekordings
- Paris-based techno/EBM/electronic producer ???????????????? | ???????????????????????? “????????????????????????????”
- Austin, TX industrial techno project of E. Voight, aka Private Service – “40 Solution” from split cassette EP with Sync Sapro via Somatic.
- Bogotá born, Berlin-based experimental/industrial/noise/techno artist Brayan Valenzuela “No More Games” from the upcoming EP ‘‘Pink Dog” on Cluster Node
- Sweden‘s EBM quartet Sheweird ”Kayla (Swarm Edit)” originally from 1988‘s cassette album “Bombastic Sounds From The Unknown”
- Saint Petersburg based elektro/techno hooligans Criminal In Dance “Diskoteka Zavershena (Volta Cab‘s Mortal Reprise)
- Berlin-born acid/rave/hard techno producer Hephaistos “My 90s Love” from [MUTTER001] EP via new Berlin’s label Mutter
- Berlin-based experimental/EBM/industrial techno producer Marie Noir, aka N01R “Ritual Mecánico (Delusions Remix)” from the album “Rituals” on her own Impartial Waves
- Madison, WI industrial/dark techno/noise producer DJ SPEEDSICK “Godwilling”
- Paris, France rave/industrial/dark techno producer Kévin Chagnon aka KLAMER “Über Die Sterne”
- Croatian cold/noir minimal electronica producer/dj (aka Honored Matres, LCN, Fiume), Le Chocolat Noir “Act” from V/A “TOTAL SOLIDARITY – benefit compilation for grassroot LGBTQIA+ organizations in Poland” via Oramics collective.
- Boston, MA acid trance techno workouts of one-half of Dead Husbands, Pro Athlete “The Power”
- 1983‘s Italo Disco dance classic Charlie – “Spacer Woman (ROLIVA Edit)”
- New York-based producer acid/electro/techno producer known as Boris Noiz and half of Ontal, Brenecki – “Phantasmic Frequency” from upcoming “Revitalize” EP on Earwiggle
- French dark electro producer Joan-Mael Péneau, aka Maelstrom – “Spasm” upcoming 2-track 10″ via Craigie Knowes’ offshoot C-KNOW-EVIL
- Hungarian experimental/breakbeat/acid/electro producer from Budapest, NORWELL “BX442” from upcoming “Fúzió” EP on Mechatronica
- Colorado‘s electro Dj/producer Johan Sebastian Bot, DVS NME “Within The Machine” from his upcoming self-released 15-track album “Trans Asia Express”
- New York industrial/electro/techno collaborative project between Andy Butler (Hercules and Love Affair) and multi-media artist Joie Iacono, HOARDER “Consumer Regret” title-track from the new EP on London’s Khemia Records
- Berlin‘s veteran experimental underground artist (Mania D, Einstürzende Neubauten, Malaria!, Matador) and Monika Enterprise founder, Gudrun Gut “Boys Keep Swinging (Pilocka Krach Remix)” from the album “Moment Remixes” via Monika Enterprise
- Darkwave/EBM/Synthwave female solo project from Turkey, BEWITCHED AS DARK “Explosion”
- Spokane, WA witch house/darkwave/dark electronic producer/DJ Eric Kerzman, aka BITWVLF “Elevator (feat. Blvck Ceiling)”
- German dark electronic/darkwave/witch house producer from Hamburg Altona, FLESH “DetoxRansome” from the new album ”Hexadezimaltod” coming Fall 2019
- London-based experimental electronic producer LYZZA “2BORN2B (Nkisi Remix)” from the EP ‘‘Imposter (Remixes)”
- Montreal based electronic duo of vocalist Chris Vargas and producer Tobias Rochman, aka PELADA “Ajetreo” from forthcoming LP “Movimiento Para Cambio” on PAN
- Chillwave/vaporwave/synthwave/electronic collaboration, dreamhome & YOUTH 83 – “Outside”
- Russian deep house/electronic producer ASHFIVE – “Harmony” from the cassette EP “O Nabolevshem” on Raw Russian
- Danish-born, Luxembourg-based experimental electronic artist and Second Language label co-founder, Martin Jensen, AKA The Home Current “Broken Trees of Bois Jacques” from the upcoming cassette album “The Ardennes” via Modern Aviation
- Taiwan-born, Berlin-based experimental/ambient/cinematic/electronic/synth composer and audio technologist, Mei-Fang Liau, aka Floating Spectrum “The early green outburst” from the debut album “A Point Between” on Temporary Residence Ltd.
- Toronto, Ontario kosmische analogue synthesizer musician (Moonwood, Heavy Moon, King Pong Dub System, Spume, BABEL, Mind Thief), JAKOB REHLINGER “M87” from the new album “Poweh” on Arachnidiscs
- Tokyo, Japan ambient electronic musician Chihei Hatakeyama “Forgotten hill” title-track of the forthcoming album on Room40
- New York ambient/drone producer DANIEL KLAG “True Neutral” title-track from the forthcoming cassette album on Muzan Editions
- British experimental electronic music composer, sound designer, DiN ambient music label owner & analogue synth maestro, Ian Boddy “Altair Redux” title-track of the upcoming album on Greece’s KinetiK Records
Igor Piwowarczyk photography