PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Melbourne‘s experimental/dark electronics/industrial/drum & bass project of producer J.A. Wells (Halt Ever, Hemlock Ladder, Nite Fields), aka Nerve “Psycho Mafia” [Recorded live at MOT Unit 18, London on November 7, 2019] ltd. cassette on A Colourful Storm
Set of the week, live this time, by Australian DJ/producer J. A. Wells aka Nerve. Industrialized solid dark drum & bass rhythms combined with atmospheric cold technoid synth inflexions to create doomy, haunting, droning soundscapes with a percussive hypnotic twist.
- Chicago noise/house/techno/industrial/EBM production duet of Beau Wanzer and Dan Jugle, aka JUZER “September” off of upcoming EP “Old Reliable” on Clear
Varying from techno and industrial with house and acid undertones, an uneasy and off-kilter experimental hardware body of work brings an uneasy, intense and intriguing listen, that gets better on successive repeats.
- German electro/techno producer from Berlin, VERTICAL67 “Wanderer” from lathe cut 7″ S/T EP on brokntoys
Killer spaced-out electro with terse, whiplash snares, pulsing, humming bass tones and ominously icy synths meander around, to provide uncoiling doses of deep, soothing, yet slightly disturbing, abstract futuristic hypnotica.
- Russian experimental electronic producer from Tambov, Summer Of Haze “Classica” off of V/A “Hyperboloid 2020” compilation on Moscow’s Hyperboloid Records
Heady Russian eclectic compilation from Moscow‘s Hyperboloid label peppered with rousing, changeling experimental post-futuristic electronica, soon also on ltd. cassette.
- German dark electronic /witch house producer Catargo from Hamburg Altona, FLESH “Glasmensch (ft. Noire Antidote)” from the new album “Hexadezimaltod”
- Rotterdam, Netherlands techno producer EMMANUEL “Tutan” from “Time Is Relative” EP on his own ARTS label
- Dark ambient/minimal wave/electronic solo project of former member of English 80s electronic band Shoc Corridor, Chris Davis – “Celestial Equator” new 2-track single
- Italian ambient techno dj and producer (aka´Audiolouis´) and Natch records co-founder Luigi Cicchella, aka RUHIG “Coil” from “Ruins of the Marble Garden” on SEMANTICA 118
- Italian veteran ambient /deep /dub /techno producer from Rome, Luigi Tozzi “Automa” from the split EP ‘Automa / Lilith’ by Luigi Tozzi & Pris on Spain’s Non Series Label.
- Cape Town, SA dark ambient/minimal wave/electronic solo project of former member of English 80s electronic band Shoc Corridor, Chris Davis – “Celestial Equator” new 2-track single
- Milan, Italy electronic producer Stefano Tidona, aka Amstra – “Diese Nacht” off of the EP “The World Hangs On A Thin Thread” on Måinmise Records
- Italian experimental /industrial/ambient/dark electronic producer Giuseppe Sciretti aka Nigh/T\mare “Persistence of Vision” from the Split album with Noform “VASSAGO” on Several Minor Promises
- Berlin-based dark techno/industrial producer Hayden Payne aka Phase Fatale “Binding by Oath” from the upcoming second full-length album “Scanning Backwards” on Ostgut Ton
- Munich‘s electro/techno veteran producer DJ Hell “Futureshock” released in 1993 on Disko B label’s “Energy ’93” Compilation
- UK experimental/techno/electro producer Kurt Baggaley, aka Scape One – “Syntax Morphing” from the new EP “Click Click Drone”
- London, UK disco/house/electronic producer Disco Volante “Temperatures Risin (Disco’s Deep Mix)”
- Italian mysterious neo-italo-wave band produced by Bottin from 2012 with the help of Alexander Robotnick and Polosid, Cristalli Liquidi “C.S.A.R. (Cosa Succederà Alla Ragazza)” off 10″ vinyl on Lacerba records
- Mexican disco/techno/electronic producer Daniel Alberto, aka Diaz Tech – “Double Mx – Baile Acido ( Double Max Remix )” from “Baile Acido” EP on Maleante Records
- French pop française/electro-pop project Rubin Et Le Paradoxe “Avalanche (Curses Remix)” off of upcoming “X Raisons (remixes)” on Her Majesty’s Ship
- Tel Aviv post-punk/kraut/electronic artist Nadav Spiegel aka Autarkic “Truly Majestic” off of upcoming EP “A Beautiful Picture” on Age Of Self
- Amsterdam-based house/rave/breakbeat/electronic producers Bastiaan & Luuk, aka Match Box – “Spaarndammerstraat” off of upcoming V/A “Amsterdam EP 1” on Late Night Burners
- Berlin-based breakbeat/electronic DJ/producer S RUSTON – “Eternal Merciless Hum” from ”Narcosexual” EP on Suspension
- Brooklyn, NY techno/house producer and L.I.E.S. Records head Ron Morelli “Laugh Taker-Parrish Smith remix” off of remix 12″ EP “Laugh Taker Remixes” (original track from the Hospital Productions LP “Disappearer”) on L.I.E.S. Records
- Lyon, France experimental/dub/hypno-industrial electronic producer Gil.Barte ”B.Park” from the album “Dossiers 18.19”
- Turin-based Italian experimental/electro/tribal/dark techno DJ and producer Matteo Viani, aka BLACK SEED “Meta II” from V/A “Worst Greatest Hits Vol. I” on Worst Records
- Belgian cosmic disco/dark electro producers Dimitri Andreas and Spacid, aka Marching Machines – “Desolat” from “Lonesome” EP on Wrong Era
- French house/minimal techno duo Klash Point “888 Miles (François X XXX Reshape)” off of “888 Miles” E.P. on Module Records
- Berlin-based, Italian EBM/Techno producer VELVET MAY “Phoebe’s White Skin” title track from the new EP on his own label Tears Of Waves
- Barcelona-based ambient/EBM/electro/industrial/techno producer by way of Venezuela, Cardopusher “Programmed To Consume” from upcoming EP “Fed With Lies” on Mechatronica
- Bristol, UK electro producer Jon Chmielewski, aka ZOBOL “Perpetual Cycle”
- Colorado‘s electro Dj/producer Johan Sebastian Bot, DVS NME “Nicht Kampfbereit” (unmastered and unreleased)
- Mexican electro producer Aliensextoy – “AZ Chosen Survivorz” from V/A “Hasta La Muerte” on Mexico’s Baox label
- German new funk electro project, Yarn Init – “Blind Step” from V/A “Clear Memory 003” EP on Leipzig‘s Clear Memory
- Prague-based synthwave/synthpop/electro DJ/producer and co-founder of Endless Illusion label Ladislav Zensor, aka Exhausted Modern ”Letting it behind”
- Italian industrial/EBM/techno producer NGHTLY “Ruggine nell’anima” off of the upcoming cassette album “Illusione dell’Essere” on Clan Destine Records
- French industrial dark electronic producer UVB aka ELEMENTS OF JOY ‘PI08.3’ from upcoming 12″ EP ‘PI08 [π08]’ on Athens’ Pi Electronics [π]
- Birmingham, UK industrial metal duo Khost “Intravener” from the forthcoming 4th album ”Buried Steel” on Cold Spring
- Glasgow, UK ambient/IDM/house/electronic project of Logan P. Traynor, aka TEKTRA “Akuma” from the new EP “Anemoia”
- Bologna, Italy ambient/experimental/drone/electronic project Stromboli “Dive” from the album “Ghosting” on Oltrarno Recordings
- Brooklyn, NY electronic producer and L.I.E.S. Records head Ron Morelli – “Psychic Harms of Economic Deprivation” from “Air Texture VII” compilation curated by Rrose & Silent Servant via Air Texture label.
- Odense, Denmark experimental/ambient/drone producer Jonas Munk “Sabi” from the upcoming album “Minimum Resistance” on Azure Vista Records
- Modern classical/ambient/synth/piano/electronic collaborative project of Nebraska‘s Philip Daniel and Minnesota‘s Jacob Pavek, aka BLOMMA “Morrow” from upcoming S/T album on Moderna Records
- Bristol, UK ambient/drone/letfield/space/ethereal artist LUCY GOOCH “Sun” from the 10″ vinyl EP “Rushing” via Past Inside the Present