PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Return To Acid Planet [Junted Series – Volume 2] by MEMORY CLAP ACID
Born out of the ashes of the late 90’s California Bay Area rave scene, the post-hardcore & experimental movement of the early 2000s & his current involvement in recording & engineering his friends Cold Wave, Minimal Wave, & Body Music bands, Northern California based DJ/producer Aldo Giovanni AKA Memory Clap Acid unleashes a ‘non-genre’ mix of sludgy acid techno cuts and squelches along with twisted and rugged leftfield electronic music.
- Colombian Electro /Industrial /EBM /techno producer Felipe Novoa, AKA Magnum Opus “The Grave (Original mix)” from the upcoming “The Grave” EP on Nu Body Records
Colombian producer creaks and buzzes into bleak and ominous industrial-tinged dimensions spawning glowing, dramatic synth swarms, stacked strings of anxious twinkling chords, spastic pounding beats, ominous EBM-charged undulating bass vibrations, and scattered vocal distortions into an over-drive of cold and murky moods left dancing desperately on a grey dystopic dancefloor of impending doom.
- Naples, Italy EBM /industrial /electro /goth /dark electronics producer SHARPLINES “The only thing they fear is you (Edit)”
South Italian noise-techno terrorist returns, after a hiatus from his usual prolific path, with an unruly and squelching, swirling guitar charged, brain-smashing industrial techno-punk bombshell to fuel dangerous dancefloor realms with a doomy crushing cavalcade of a blistering metallic storm.
- Nižnij Novgorod, Russia Italo disco /synthpop project NIGHT CALLER “Chase” from V/A “TAKT TAPE 00” tape compilation album on TAKT
On the same wavelength as dizzying synth-wave labels such as Kendal‘s Ritmo Fatale, an upcoming friendly cassette collection of musicians (producers) and DJs, who were united by joint performances in nightclubs in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. A guilty pleasure to ignite dancefloor imaginations, through a titillating eruption of stuttering and swirling bass pulses, steady pounding HI-NRG rhythms, and canny crisp cowbells, whilst flashes and flares of high-strung bright soaring synth lines quiver and ripple giddy heat waves of desire, through the intoxicating pallet of nostalgic, mesmeric bliss.
- Berlin-based, Georgian ambient /drone /avant-pop music composer and songwriter Natalie Beridze “Ash Wednesday” from the upcoming album “Of Which One Knows” on Room40
- Experimental ambient electronic composer, sculptor, painter, poet, and publisher from Rennes, Félicia Atkinson “Becoming a Stone” from the upcoming 2xvinyl album “Image Language” on Shelter Press
- Brussels based ambient /techno /trance /electronic project of Turkish musician and filmmaker Ece Eryavuz, aka ECE ERA “Chero” from “War On Innocence” on 2MR
- Belgrade experimental /ambient /tribal /psych /acid /cosmic /downtempo /electronic duo Nebojša Bogdanović and Goran Simonoski, aka TAPAN “Way (MR TC rmx)” from “TWENTY ONE” EP
- Manchester, UK ambient /breakbeat /drum & bass producer ANTAGONIST “Precession” off of “Precession / Enso” EP on One.Seventy
- Weimar based IDM /acid /downtempo /electro producer XY0815 – “Buttons Are Friends” from the upcoming vinyl 12″ album “Gates Need Inputs Vol. I” on brokntoys
- German dark electro producer DSX “Being Boiled” (Human League Cover Version)
- Berlin-based, Frankfurt-area experimental electronic DJ-producer, Benedikt Frey “Delly” from V/A “More Of That Frightful Oompty Boompty Music” compilation dedicated to the Guv’nor himself Mr Andrew Weatherall on Spun Out
- New York-based industrial /EBM /wave /electro DJ-artist, R GAMBLE “Precious Arc (Bianco Negativo Remix)” from the upcoming cassette album “The One With the Eyes” [Marguerite Records].
- Greek techno /breakbeat /electro producer and Ferma label co-founder, Nikos Lappas AKA Morken – “Public Address”
Naples, Italy EBM /industrial /electro /goth /dark electronics producer SHARPLINES “The only thing they fear is you (Edit)”
South Italian noise-techno terrorist returns, after a hiatus from his usual prolific path, with an unruly and squelching, swirling guitar charged, brain-smashing industrial techno-punk bombshell to fuel dangerous dancefloor realms with a doomy cavalcade of a blistering metallic storm.
- Canadian industrial /EBM /techno /dark electronics producer Dolgener “Dying To Feel” from “With Vicious Charm” EP on Phage Tapes
- Los Ángeles based EBM /electro /techno producer MACHINO “Crimen” from V/A “Deviate VA004″ EP on DEVIATE rec
- Russian EBM /acid /industrial /techno Dj/producer and Mosaique Records label head Alexander Moralez, AKA Moralez “Inside Out” from upcoming Mosaique Records‘ V/A “The Phantom Images II (VI Years Anniversary)” compilation
- Scottish EBM /industrial /Techno producer and co-founder of Glasgow‘s Still Distant Records, New Town Ground “Swallow It Whole” from “Violent Circles” EP on Still Distant Records
- Russian hard techno producer (aka Ectopic, PHYS I CAAL), DRAAG “New Faces”
- UK industrial techno producer LESSER OF “I Want You To Silence” from Hybral x Lesser Of “Split Identities” split LP on Subverted
- UK lo-fi /EBM /acid /dark electro /techno producer Mike Smith (aka Crossover Network) aka E.L.I. – “One Last Riot” from the new 10″ EP “Malicious Content” on Lifeforms
- Perm, Russia electro /techno /breakbeat DJ-producer Evgeny Chizhkov, AKA Confluence – “Wrong Clocks” from the upcoming V/A “Distortion Strategy Part 2” EP on AVOIDANT
- México electronic /indie dance /dark disco /synthpop producer Bernardo Barrera, aka MUFTI “Replicate” [Ombra International/D’oro UNLMTD]
- Berlin-based, Greco–German electro /acid /EBM /cold wave /post-disco duo Vamparela & Brax Moody, AKA Local Suicide “Hercules Adonis” from the debut LP “Eros Anikate” [Iptamenos Discos].
- Yorkshire UK post-punk outfit DEADLETTER – “Line The Cows (Make A Dance Remix)” from “Line The Cows” EP on Make A Dance/M.A.D. Records
- Serbian-born, Macedonia-based techno /breaks /acid /electro producer Goran Alavuk AKA Alavux “Interferrence” from “Bunker 4021” Split EP Alavux / Gallus [Bunker Records]
- Australian/Irish techno /electro collaboration between producers Mikey Melas & Matthew Flanagan, aka Jensen Interceptor x DeFeKT – “Leisure Machine” from upcoming EP “Free Your Mind” on Tresor Records
- Detroit‘s bass /techno /electro producer Tameko Williams, aka CYBONIX “Cruise Control” from “A R C H A I C” EP
- UK experimental /ambient /techno /electro producer Kurt Baggaley, AKA Scape One – “Distant Skyline (Battery Rhythm)” from “Distant Skyline” EP on Science Cult
- Italian acid /electro side project of Гласность Aleksandr Chiesa, aka Платтенбау “Angry Youth”
- Bristol, UK breaks /drum & bass producer Stephen Redmore aka Mako “Raisuma” from the upcoming “Death Of A Romantic” LP on Samurai Music
- Bournemouth, UK cinematic /jungle /techno /breakbeat /drum & bass producer Overlook “Midnight Sun” from upcoming new EP ‘Lost Souls Club’ on UVB-76 Music
- UK based Italo disco /indie dance /electronic producer Carlo Bragagnini, aka LA MANO feat ANDREW MAXWELL MORRIS “Be My Fire (Local Suicide & Wiener Planquadrat Remix)” hand-numbered 12″ on Tusk Wax
- Russian eclectic psych trance electronic DJ/producer Konstantin Isayev (aka Volta Cab), Rambal Cochet “Pharmacom” from upcoming EP “Unknown Pharmacy” [Griffè]
- London-native acid /haunted house /slow techno /electronic DJ-producer Richard Sen – “Lata Mangeshkar” from V/A “Shelter Me – The Album” charity compilation [Paisley Dark Records]
- Mysterious dark disco /dirty house producer Unknow Artist – “Adicktion (Milf’s Edit)” from “Unknown” EP 001 [Milf Recordings]
- Talking Heads – “Psycho Killer” (DE SOFFER REMIX)
- Mexican indie dance /dark disco /electronic musician-producer from Los Mochis, CHINOSYNTH “Blaze It, Smoke It” from V/A “NATIVO VA VOL 1.” compilation [Nativo]
- Danish synth-pop /cosmic disco /indie dance artist and composer Lucca Leeloo – “Say Goodbye feat. Pierre Pascual (Endrik Schroeder Lost Love Remix)” from “Say Goodbye Remixes” EP
- Barcelona based wave /Italo /disco /electronic French producer AGLE “Where the Rainbow Ends (Original Mix)” from “Where The Rainbow Ends” EP on Heimlich Musik
- German ambient /braindance /electro producer Tysk Raider “22a2”
- Charleroi, Belgium ambient /drone /dub /electronic project of Pierre Nesi, aka OWL “Forest Shadow” title track from the upcoming album “Forest Shadow” on Huinali Recordings
- Italian ambient /experimental /electronic producer Marco Farina, AKA Canva6 “Skyline Parada” from “Ten Minutes to Midnight” on Presto!? Records
- Netherlands based ambient /minimal /electro-acoustic /experimental musician and composer, Anne Chris Bakker “Luna” from the album “A Sketch in Leaving” on Whitelabrecs
- Brussels-based ambient /minimal /electro-acoustic /modern classical duo Tropic Of Coldness “La deriva, poi il porto sicuro” from the upcoming album “Deriva” on Krysalisound
- Istanbul, Turkey dark lo-fi /ambient /minimal /drone project Sumatran Black “Now You Are Not Even a Memory” from upcoming LP “Broken Timelines” on Sumatran Black Records.
- Mysterious experimental /ambient /modern classical artist Glåsbird “Sāhasa” from the album “Himalaya” 6th instalment of A Sonic Expedition series on Whitelabrecs.
- Tokyo, Japan ambient /acoustic /experimental /improv collaboration Minamo & Asuna “Purkinje Fluctuations” from the upcoming album “Tail of Diffraction” on 12K
- Tokyo, Japan ambient /acoustic /experimental /improvisational collaboration Minamo & Asuna “Purkinje Fluctuations” from the upcoming album “Tail of Diffraction” on 12K
- Japanese ambient /neo-classical pianist, Hideyuki Hashimoto 橋本秀幸 “Toi” (Single)
- Sweden-based ambient /neo-classical pianist and composer Leon den Engelsen “Move” off of the upcoming debut album “Home” on Piano and Coffee Records
- Kentucky ambient /drone project of Jason T. Lamoreaux, aka The Corrupting Sea – “Amidst the Trees” from the cassette album “Talking to Trees“ on Histamine Tapes
- Italian minimalist composer Tiziano Popoli ‘Sull’accordo mimetico (A Side)’ from the upcoming ‘Sull’Accordo Mimetico’ cassette album (a sound installation commissioned Marco Paolini, artistic director of the ParcoScenico Festival, held in Treviso, Italy, in the early 80’s) via Tocca il futuro/Soave Records