Weekly Post-Punk / Darkwave / Dark Synth Tips – March #10-21
PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Odilon’s Grip‘s Edgy Electronic Beats 10/03/21
With a personal greeting from L ???? .. and new music from hororhaus, Meshes, mitra mitra, Favio Inker, Velvet Kills, Astrolop, Radikal Kuss, Zachery Allan Starkey, Puck, Memorex, ÁCIDA ÁCIDA, Qual, Radial Gaze / SHMLSS, and many others in the mix.
- Italian witch wave /electro wave project from founder members of Parma’s darkwave band Marlat, aka Ohne Nomen “Feel the Breath” from the upcoming debut LP “Nightflower”, due April 2, 2021, on Cold Transmission Music
The Marlat connection returns with an edgy and striking electro synthetic witchy dance affair in the wake of the ’00s version of their glorious fellow citizens Kirlian Camera through magnetic omens decipher disconnected dimensions with sweeping, marching synth riffs, powerful propelling beats, and ominously rumbling bass vibrations, while whispered daemons ceremoniously layer with airy sensual female vocals to tease secret desires from modern dystopic madness, “Breath on Me.” Simply irresistible!
- France/Romania darkwave/coldwave/electropop collaboration Under A Dark Light & Ramone – “Waves Of Sorrow” new single
Precious 80s-tinged collaborative synth-driven tune, possibly born out of Soundcloud, that triggers cold, bright and swirling synth lines and tinkling wistful chords, fueled by rapid rumbling bass throbs and skipping tight percussive patterns, to instil an eerily spacious cinematic feel, both emotional and haunting, as soft, breathy female vocals release detached dismal dreams into the piercing echoed dimensions of melancholic memories with beautiful “Waves of Sorrow.”
- Mülheim, Germany anarcho post-punk duo Burning City “Don’t Get Lost” from the debut S/T EP
Solid first EP from NRW German duo replete with minimal and claustrophobic dark post-punk with nods to X-Mal Deutschland, made of martial mechanical rhythms, warbling bleak bassline, harsh abrasive guitar riffs, lit by icy sweeping synths to inject profound mournful intensity over airless, plaintive female vocals combining anarcho-punk moods with haunting, angst-ridden introspection.
- Russian ritual ambient /experimental project of Marina Kryzhanovskaya and Mikhail Kiryukhin, aka LORDS OF INFINITY – “Ewig Ruft Das Meer” from Split album “RAPOON / LORDS OF INFINITY” ltd. CD via Zoharum
- Cape Town, South Africa new wave /minimal synth /coldwave project of former members of English electronic band Shoc Corridor, Chris&Nogi “Autumn Ritual 1” from “Autumn Rituals and Refugees” 8-tracks taken from 4-track-cassette tapes recorded in 1985-1988 via Electronic Emergencies
- Greek neo-classical /darkwave duo Onism “Past Internal” new single
- Vienna based Austrian experimental synth artist Tina Bauer, aka Terz Nervosa “Centre” off the EP “Dreams, Always” via Tender Matter
- Leeds, UK experimental post-punk /synthpop band Girl One And The Grease Guns “The Shatterproof Man” (2015’s 7″ single on Squirrel Records) from the album compilation “A Figure In The Underpass” [2013-2019] on Next Phase : Normal Records.
- Ukrainian lo-fi bedroom/ synthpop artist from Kharkov, Marianna Diakova (aka Diakova), aka Nasovsem – “Игра в эго”
- Darkwave / EBM / Synthwave female solo project from Turkey, BEWITCHED AS DARK “Bad Wizard” new single
- Polish/Georgian Dark electronic project of Keren Batok & Philip Pace aka Ψ / PSI Project “Part II ~ ONOMA” from “ONOMA” EP
- Athens, Georgia based goth-pop band, Vision Video – “Comfort in the Grave” off the upcoming debut LP “Inked in Red”.
- Mexican synth electronic /chiptune /post-punk /deathwave solo project from Monterrey, Vestron Vulture “Monday Night Messiah” from “Gaiden” EP
- French EBM /dark electronic /coldwave /darkwave duo POTOCHKINE “Eros” from upcoming album “Sortilèges”
- Rennes, France EBM/dark electronic/minimal synth/synth-pop project of Gwladys Orbs, aka CARRIEGOSS – “Mondanité (Ariaz remix)” from “Ariaz (Remixxx)” EP on ONNI collective
- Belgian minimal synth-wave project formed in 1980 by Dirk Ivens & Eric Van Wonterghem, aka Absolute Body Control “Empty Cities” off upcoming EP “A New Dawn” on Mecanica and Noise Democrazy Records
- Vancouver‘s dark techno /industrial /minimal wave project of former Koban duo Brittany West and Samuel Lloyd, SIGSALY “Filthy” off Split cassette album “L.A.U.R.A. 002: SEVERE BREAKAWAY” with Lower Tar on L.A.U.R.A. Recs
- Barcelona-based EBM /post-industrial/post-punk/minimal synth /tribal wave duo Silvia Konstance and Viktor L.Crux (a collaborator of Nurse With Wound and J.Arbeit from Einstürzende Neubauten), DAME AREA “La Doble Luna” from the upcoming album “Ondas Tribales” on Mannequin Records
- Wien, Austria based dark synth /minimal synth duo, Mitra Mitra “Softness” (Genesis P Orridge /Fergusson) off upcoming vinyl album “mitra mitra; Reconstruction Works” a compendium of remixes and cover versions via Schalko label.
- Greek coldwave/minimal synth duo Kriistal Ann / Toxic Razor aka PARADOX OBSCUR “Boulevard Voltaire” from the album collection “Singles & Rarities” on Paradox Obscur
- Rochester, NY-based synthpop/darkwave/minimal synth producer Jordan Lieb, aka Black Light Smoke “North Korea” off the upcoming retroscpective album “The Early Years” (written mostly in 2010) on Cut Mistake Music
- London, UK dark minimal synth primitive electronic music project THIS IS THE BRIDGE “By Any Means”
- Alberta, Canada darkwave /synthwave solo project Morbid Florist “Lie”
- Lyon-based synthwave /techno /EBM /electronic producer and Tjalk label founder NZM 99 – “Walkiryes Walk (Minuit Machine Remix)” off “Walkyries Walk” EP [TJK01] on Tjalk records
- Los Angeles avant-garde Darkwave / EBM project Mellow Code “Blink My Dead Eyes” from the 4-track EP “Yells at the Obelisk” (CRUNCH 202) on Crunch Pod
- Madison based witch house/neo-classical/post-industrial/dark electronic project SØLVE “Never+Enough” new single on Re:Mission Entertainment
- Swiss EBM /industrial /post-punk /dark electro duo A Sinister Light – “Closing in” from debut S/T EP
- US coldwave /post-punk /synthwave act Soft Glass “Black It Out” from “Three Songs” on Dark Entry Records
- Russian lo-fi /synth-wave / synth-pop duo КУЗИНА [KUZINA] “Ночной король” new 2-track single “Ночной король / Жертвоприношение”
- Dublin electronic /synthpop project of Aidan Casserly, aka Sebastian And The Dream “‘Here Come The Dolls [ft. Kriistal Ann]” from the new album “No Enemies”
- German new wave /synthpop band from Trier, Graustufe West “Kult” new single from S/T EP
- Greek darkwave /electro-pop /dark pop project of recording artist-graphic designer Spyros Psarras based in Athens, KORFIAN “White Smoke” off “Legacy” EP
- London, UK lo-fi bedroom synth pop project by musician Hannah McLoughlin, aka Spike Pop “So Mysterious” new single on Ezi Deth Rekords
- Tucson, Arizona new wave /coldwave solo project Kell – “Isn’t it Too Dreamy?” from V/A “DNW I (3.5.21)” on Deadname Wash Compilation
- Florida electronic /dark wave project BELLIZZI “Crystal Cash” new single
- Russian electronic /darkwave /EBM /synth-pop duo NIKTO “Absorbed” from cassette edition of the S/T album on HИИ
- Buffalo, NY Alternative / Dark Wave / EBM / Synthpop solo project THIRD REALM “Until the End of Time” new single.
- Finnish darkwave /synthpop act Charlotte Someone & Lokka Vox “When All Is Said And Done” new single
- English new wave /synthwave one-woman band Amanda Thompson, The Big Believe “Frequencies” new single on Aldora Britain Records
- Swedish electronic synthpop project Jonas Sjöström, aka The Eyes Of Olivia Wilde – “In My Room” (Yazoo Cover) Lockdown Version Feat. Johan Baeckström
- Los Angeles based cosmic/synthwave/synthpop project of artist/producer Klayton (aka Celldweller, FreqGen,Circle of Dust), Scandroid “Writing’s on the Wall (DEADLIFE Remix)” new single
- New York‘s synthpop project of Elizabeth Harper aka Class Actress “Ask” (The Smiths cover) off “Sense Memory” EP on Terrible Records
- Seattle, Wa dark electronic /hyperpop duo youryoungbody “In Your dream” from the EP “eXcess”
- Porto Alegre, Brazil goth /new wave /synthpop /ghostwave act Deathray Bam! “St. Mary eyes” from the album “Back To Roots”
- Canadian EBM /industrial /post punk /electro-punk trio from Toronto, Odonis Odonis ”Salesmen” from forthcoming new EP “Spectrums” on Felte
- Las Vegas-based industrial /EBM /goth /darkwave Mexican solo project Fairy Pussy “Moscow” new single
- Portland, OR darkwave /synthwave DESIRE BEAT “Gift The Coordinates” from the EP “To The Beat Of Their Desire”
- Jakarta, Indonesia Dark Disco /Dark Post-Punk teen band CAMLANN “Give Me Light (Single Version)” new single on Cold Transmission Music
- Brooklyn, New York post-punk /goth-pop trio Veda Rays “Rose Likes Leather” new single
- San Francisco, Ca spacegaze /gothic rock /darkwave duo CULT OF HELIOS “Haunted Sky Fantasy” from off new single “Haunted Sky Fantasy / Count”
- UK/Russia gothic-electro band ANTILAV “Walking on My Own (rock mix)” from the reissue of “Walking on My Own” (single)
- Mexico City synthpop/post-punk/new wave/ ‘post wave’ band, THE ETERNAL NOW “Human”
- Portland-based Goth Techno/Darkwave/Post-Punk project by Conor Knowles, aka DANCING PLAGUE “Empty Bed (Motorama cover)” from the cover EP “Songs of Others”
- England, UK experimental /neo-folk /industrial /post-punk /death-pop group VUKOVAR “When Rome Falls (7″ Brutalist Edit)” 7″ lathe cut single taken from ‘The Great Immurement’ – Part II of the Eternity Ends Here triptych, via Other Voices Records.
- Peruvian krautrock /psychedelic /space rock /dark pop duo based in Lima, FEM/BOT “Sumac” from S/T EP on FIXREC
- Ventura, Ca post-punk /deathrock 4-piece Detoxi – ‘Hollow Moon’ from ‘In Laughter’ EP
- Buenos Aires, Argentina darkwave/post-punk band Depresion Radikal “Bruma” from new EP “Muros”
- Rennes, France post-punk solo project TABLERAZ “Gone” from the new EP “Past Night Memories”
- Oslo, Norway new wave /post-punk band THIS SECT “Stain Remover” from the new album “Everything We Know Into a Black Hole” on Sect Appeal Records
- Barcelona-based post-punk /darkwave trio Newborn Ghost “Dead Wives” debut single
- French experimental/post-punk/coldwave project of Yannick Rault, Closed Mouth – “Animals” new single
- French goth /noise /industrial /post-punk /noise /darkwave trio, -ii- “My Flesh” from the album “Extinction”
- Scotland/Norway goth /darkwave /post-punk collaboration Kill Shelter & Antipole “Burn Bright” from upcoming album “A Haunted Place” on Manic Depression Records
- Hamburg, Germany noise rock /post-punk band GRUNDEIS “Vain” second single
- Kuantan, Malaysia garage /new wave /post-punk solo project QUARTER LIFE “Where You Are?” taken from upcoming 3-way post-punk interstate split consisted of Indonesian & Malaysia Darkwave/Goth lickers.
- Philadelphia, Pn lo-fi /goth /post-punk solo project PALE SPECTRE “Siamese Twins (The Cure)”
- Nashville, TN dream pop /post-punk /new wave /indie rock band led by songwriter and producer Joseph Lekkas, Palm Ghosts “Carry The World” new single from the upcoming LP, “Lifeboat Candidate”, out March 19th.
- 80’s Leicestershire post-punk /synth band led by Gary Knight along with guitarist Clive Dove, and Peter Becker (Eyeless In Gaza), IN EMBRACE “Brand-New-Life” (Young Marble Giants cover) from “Bonfire Of Love Letters” retrospective album of rarities [1983–87] on Glass Modern
- London, UK based trans-European synth-pop /electronic /post-punk band, THE UMLAUTS “Boiler Suits & Combat Boots” from debut ‘Ü’ EP on Prah Recordings
- Caen based French experimental /kraut /no-wave /post-punk /psychedelic three-piece Veik “Political Apathy” from the upcoming album “Surrounding Structures” on Fuzz Club
- Glasgow experimental electronics /post-punk five-piece VLURE “Shattered Faith” debut single on London-based label Permanent Creeps Records.
- Graz/Berlin synth post-punk duo IMPOSITION MAN “Natural Ways” from 12″ vinyl “Resilience” EP on Twintoe Records and Order05 Records
- Melbourne, Australia noise post-punk 5-piece CIVIC “Tell The Papers” from upcoming album “Future Forecast” on Flightless
- Mount Gambier, Australia DIY lo-fi punk solo project REVV “Ya Bad News” from cassette EP “AMUSIA” on Under Heat Records
- London-based noise /no-wave /post-punk group EX-GIANT “Bedwetter”new single
- Wichita, Kansas art-rock /punk /post-punk quartet The Embarrassment “Celebrity Art Party” off the 40th anniversary Almost Ready Records‘ vinyl 12″ reissue of the debut “Embos” EP released in 1981 on Cynykyl Records.
- Osaka-based, Japanese post-punk /punk band THE SMOG “First Time, Last Chance” from their 4th 2-track 7″ vinyl single “First Time, Last Chance” on Episode Sounds
- Szczecin, Poland punk /post-punk /synth-punk trio SÜTY “Stargard” from “DWA” EP
- Chicago, IL no wave /punk /post-punk 4-piece (members of Negative Scanner and Human Beat), Spread Joy “Unoriginal” off S/T album on Feel It Records
- Brazilian cavernous lo-fi synth surf/post-punk/cold wave solo project of Mario Mamede (from the bands Gangue Morcego, Herzegovina and Moptop), aka Seashore Darkcave “Into The Midnight Zone” from the new LP “Raw Wave Chest” on Paranoia Musique
- Magnitogorsk, Russia dreampop /shoegaze /post-punk band Honeyfrequency “Womb” off the cassette reissue of the 2015 album “Culture and Recreation” on HИИ
- Bogotà, Colombia darkwave /coldwave /synth-pop one-girl-band, SECRETISMO “Tercermundista” from the new album “Molt de temps” on Tres incendios records
- Greek electro-industrial audio-visual unit hailing from Athens by songwriter and music producer Giannis Papaioannou along with the words of Angelica Vrettou and voice of the legendary Thekla Tselepi, Mechanimal – “Θαυμάσια που Είσαι Όταν Χορεύεις (How Marvellous You Are when You Dance)” from the new album “Θόρυβος (Noise)” on Inner Ear.
Sorry, but my band (honeyfrequency) has NEVER been and is not a “all-girl-trio” : )
Thank you for your attention to my music.
Best regards, Sergey.
Sorry, I copy and paste a post I made on Facebook in 2015, I can’t remember why I wrote that, I correct it anyway. Thanks! Ciao!
P.S. Are you still creating music with another band?