PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- IREEN AMNES (London’s UNDER MY FEET collective) – 19 July 2020 Rinse FM
This week’s set comes from London, UK based Italian producer, DJ and founder of the London collective Under My Feet, IREEN AMNES, with her distinctive a deep, obscure and hypnotic eclectic blend of dark techno, industrial, EBM, minimal wave flecked with hints of Electro and Post-punk.
- Paris, France EBM/industrial/rhythmic noise/techno producer Human Experiments – “Decades Of Exposure” new single
Crispy crackling rhythms sparsely surrounded by hearty arcane tribal chanting palpitations relentlessly ignite, skip and bounce, as warm dramatic flows seep a magnetic glow between amped-up explosions.
- Russian EBM/acid/coldwave/electro producer and certified psychiatrist Alexey Bork, aka Rudiment “Messerwunden” title track from upcoming cassette EP “MESSERWUNDEN” on Frankfurt’s Smashing Tape Records
Russian producer unleashes an utterly disturbing dark yet uniquely ravishing EBM-induced smashing electro sound, bringing blistering swathes of thunderous relentless synthetic damage to the dancefloor.
- German sadly departed pioneer DJ/Producer of the early Sound of Frankfurt since 1982, Torsten Fenslau‘s 1988 classic on ZYX records, Out of the Ordinary – ‘The Dream (Fabrizio Mammarella “Hectic” Edit)’ [Hard Fist #33]
Italian eclectic selector, DJ and producer, and Slow Motion label co-founder, revisits a proto-techno classic from late 80s foundations of Frankfurt’s Dorian Grey era, through infectious breakbeat rhythms, sinuously obsessive trance-inducing bassline, eerie glassy synth chords and floating acidic inflexions, dipping into dancefloor heat.
- Florida industrial/techno/dark electronics project TL3SS “Crushing Me (Sleep Clinic Remix)” from “Crushing Me” EP on Errorgrid
- Nashville, Tn experimental/dark ambient/synth/industrial project of J. Weilburg, aka Images in Silence “Trauma Ward” from “Klinikal Trials” EP on Trance//Furnace
- Latvian industrial electronic artist SKD “Egotoksikoze” from “1024” EP on The SLAVE Records
- Berlin-based Greek/Italian goth/industrial/EBM/post-punk/dark electronics collaboration of producer Manos Simotas and performer/activist Petra Flurr, aka UNHUMAN+PETRA FLURR “Nucleus” from the upcoming cassette album “Cause Of Chaos” on She Lost Kontrol
- Colombian EBM/post-punk/acid/dark electro-conspirator/activist/ Dj and producer, SPÆCIALISTA “La Suerte de las Personas Perdidas” from “Pacta Sunt Servanda” EP on Pildoras Tapes
- Brazilian experimental industrial techno producer Edvan Marques Ferreira, aka MVQX “Social Disaster” title track from the upcoming EP “Social Disaster” on Buraco
- Italian Industrial/Electro/Techno/EBM producer MOKEN Ft. ARP220 – “Fly High As A Kite” from upcoming “Nude” cassette album on Spain’s Industrial Possession
- Warsaw-based experimental EBM/techno DJ and music producer Karolina Piernikowska, aka SAEUER “Hysteria (XVIII Remix)” from “Himmel” EP on LXVIII
- Buenos Aires, Argentina industrial project from Knife label founder Unknown and Niban, Witch-hunt Abolition “Restless Souls” from upcoming V/A “Isolate Experiments” on Measure Divide.
- Kyiv born, Brooklyn, NY based industrial/EBM/techno DJ/producer Moment Of Terror – “Half Of The Life” (Demo9
- French “black body noir’ duo lead by Mathis Kolkoz (founder of Blind Delon) and Paul Brousse (pbfk, member of Néfaste and Epitaphe), PUDEUR “I Turned The Cross (Mind | Matter Remix)” from [AREAZT009] “Magie Noire” cassette album on Area Z
- Mysterious EBM/acid/techno project E.L.I. – “Dying To Live” title track from the upcoming “Dying to Live” EP on SOIL
- French industrial/hard techno Producer & DJ Based in Paris, Heart Peaks – “Bloody Hate”
- NYC experimental electronic DJ & Producer Marcos Cabral “Figure Skating” from the upcoming “Spell Breaker” LP on Long Island Electrical Systems (L.I.E.S.)
- Greek experimental/industrial/wave/dark techno producer from Stavroupoli, Penelope’s Fiance “Resurgence”
- German trance/acid/techno/rave producer NARCISS “Street Smarts” off upcoming “Iridescent Adolescence” EP on 1Ø Pills Mate
- Frankfurt am Main-based Italian EBM/electro/industrial/raw dark electronics project of Antonio Barbetta, aka Antonio/Raw Ambassador “Industrial terrorist” from the cassette album “Antonio VS Raw Ambassador” out now on Marguerite Records
- Barcelona dark techno producer duo, 753 “The Hammer Method” on UK label The Hiddens
- Mexico City techno electronic producer Mijo feat. Persona – “Batucada” off the EP “Encarta” on Muy Muy Limited
- UK acid house/techno/electronica duo of cousins Rich Bevan & Joshu Doherty, aka Posthuman “Society in Formation” from V/A “(Vol.I) – in aid of Ruff Sqwad Arts Foundation” on Loose Lips
- Russian experimental/leftfield house producer Skaayat “Lost” from “Skaayat” EP on Raw Russian
- Russian experimental electronic producer LESS INSTRUCTIONS “Eau” from self/released “Terre” EP
- Electrofunk edit by São Paulo DJ Millos Kaiser “Vamos Dançar” (Millos Kaiser edit) off “Vamos Dançar-Millos Kaiser edits” to be released July 2020 on L.I.E.S.
- Leeds, UK experimental/wave/cosmic/electronic project by Joe Gill from Zmatsutsi/Outlaws Yacht Club, aka Cheap Thrill “MAgic MAndrake” off the upcoming “Cheap Thrill” EP
- Berlin-based Italian electro/house/Italo/cosmic disco producer and Panorama Bar/Robert Johnson resident, Massimiliano Pagliara “Without You” off upcoming V/A “Freeride Millenium presents Queer Base” on Freeride Millenium
- Italian Italo/cosmic disco collaboration Alessandro Adriani & Franz Scala “Il Confine” off V/A “Italian Synth Planetarium Sistema 1” first from 3 parts compilation album on Slow Motion Records
- Belgian dark disco/cosmic Italo/dark electro powerhouse duo of Dimitri Andreas and Spacid, aka Marching Machines – “Onliest” off upcoming “0010” EP on NEIN Records
- Spanish indie/future disco producer Silicodisco – “4 Only (Theus Mago Remix)” off “Angel of Urano” EP on Penrose Records
- Guadalajara, Mexico nu-disco/psych/slow techno/electronic producer Die Jungle – “Luz Y Dos” from upcoming “Pandora” EP on Playground
- Glasgow’s slo-mo disco/Detroit techno/acid/dream house electronic producer Ali Herron, aka OOFT! “Reclaim Landscape” title track from upcoming EP “Reclaim Landscape” on Clandestino
- Eastern Germany dreamy electro producer Cyan85 “Aquasma” off upcoming “Lucid Intervals” LP on Voitax
- Manchester, UK ambient/acid/electro producer ARMEC “Itinerant” from the EP “Spirograph” on Nebulae
- UK ambient/jungle/breakbeat/drum & bass producer Sam Oliver, aka FRISKE “Beacon” from “A Different Perspective” on Metalheadz
- Bristol, UK melodic electronica project intermittent over 20 years, from one of the people behind Metrotone, Landshipping, Tonfedd Oren and Southville, OJN “Sandpoint ” from “Sketches” EP
- Italian experimental ambient producer Emanuele Pertoldi, aka Shaded Explorer “Drops Of Life” from the upcoming album “Harmonic Growth” on Pregnant Void
- Danish experimental/ambient/drone/electronic producer Genoasejlet “Ligurisk Kyst” off new triple album “Ved Linjerne Om Hans Skuldre Navigerede Vi Gennem Mørket” 3XCS on Janushoved
- Ukrainian self-descriptive ambient music act from Kyiv, Endless Melancholy ‘Sleep Well’ from ‘Escapist Sessions’
- US experimental ambient artist Pontiac Streator – “Stuck In A Cave” from “Triz” album on Motion Ward
- Berlin-based, Canadian experimental electronic producer (Modern Deep Left Quartet, Cobblestone Jazz, Midnight Operator), Mathew Jonson “New Age Revolution” from “Symphony for the Apocalypse – New Age Revolution” EP