Weekly Post-Punk / Darkwave / Dark Synth Tips #34
Peaks Of The Week:
California‘s goth/industrial/electronic/darkwave artist Fornicata “Stencil”
The ravishing, ominous and haunting synth-laden soundscapes from Californian darkwave craftsman Fornicata will be guaranteed to grab your goth-heart at first listen.
- Italian post-punk/darkwave trio The Coventry “The Maze (Single Edit)” from the single “The Maze – Red Tulips” on SwissDarkNights Label
On the verge of dropping their sophomore LP, South Italian trio The Coventry deliver two impeccable modern slivers of fiery and passionate dark post-punk meets cold wave, as menacingly elegant and moody, as they are hauntingly gloomy and poignant, reminiscent of Asylum Party and The Danse Society.
- Australian synth-punk/post-punk band from Melbourne, SCREENSAVER “MEDS” from “Demos” EP
Mysterious Melbourne outfit Screensaver unleash an irresistible barbed-wire hooked debut 4-tracker of smouldering menacing and brooding urgent synth-infused dark post-punk on the same wave-length of 80s minimalistic and abrasive bands like Malaria! or Xmal Deutschland.
- Minimal synth/analog synth project from Belgium, Unidentified Man “Luna park (Demo)” from the retrospective album “Anthology 2014-2019”
- Bay Area goth’y dream pop trio featuring Cheyenne Avant (also of Night School) dream pop duo of Fawning “Too Late” title-track from upcoming debut EP on Graveface Records‘ sublabel NeverNotGoth
- Kiel, Germany dark electro/EBM/post-punk duo Division Fledermaus – “Du Bist Sie” from the debut album “Unter Bewusstsein”
- New York electronic/no wave/electro/EBM/post-punk artist/producer Henry Hearse “Friends in Low Places” from -VALET- 6-track mini-album due out at the end of 2019
- Palmira, Colombia synthwave/minimal synth solo project HUMAN 80 “Schlecht” on Navel Records
- Synthpop/’nordic noir’ project of Swedish musician Johan Hansson, We The North feat. Vita Arkivet “Is & Eld”
- US cold synth project of veteran electronic musician and sound artist Jason Sloan from Baltimore, L’Avenir ‘Soteria’ | Live at Metro Gallery, Baltimore August 4, 2019
- Darkwave/post-punk/minimal synth/coldwave solo project of Houston based drummer Bruce Courtney, THE STAVE CHURCH “The Floorboard” from “This Dark Place” EP to be released in 2019
- Australian no-wave/synth-punk/post-punk band from Melbourne, EXEK “Iron Efficiency” from the third album “Some Beautiful Species Left” out now on SDZ (Europe), Digital Regress (USA), and Anti Fade (Aus).
- Savannah, Georgia-born/Western Massachusetts-based industrial/electronic/synthwave/darkwave duo, Boy Harsher “‘Send Me a Vision’’ unreleased track from the cassette/vinyl reissue of “Country Girl Uncut” EP due out October 11 via Nude Club/Ascetic House
- Synth Post-Punk duo from Colombia, Das Kelzer “Gib Nicht Auf” on Nevel Records
- Amsterdam-based darkwave/synthpop/post-punk project of Australian artist David Tomlinson, MINOR CRIME “Take My Breath Away (Berlin Cover)”
- Portland-based post-punk band SOFT KILL “Tin Foil Drip” off of “Portrayal of Guilt / Soft Kill” Split 7″ single via Closed Casket Activities
- Portland, OR anarcho-punk/post-punk/deathrock band OVER “Eclosion” from the new cassette album “To the Teeth” on Accident Prone Records
- Minneapolis goth post-punk trio TEMPLE “Cemetery” preview track off of upcoming tape ” Vacuous Contention” being released on 10/12/19 via 25 Diamonds.
- Swedish reverb drenched post-punk from Gothenburg, OND CIRKEL “Bräcklig Jord” (demo)
- Colombian dark synth/post-punk/coldwave boy/girl duo from Bogotà, THE POSTMODERNISM FORMS ”Nimiedad” from upcoming release “Alteraciones Digitales”
- UK punk rock band from Leeds, X-Ray-Eyes – “Chance (Warsaw Pact Remix)” DEMO
- Greek darkwave/electro-pop/dark pop project of recording artist-graphic designer Spyros Psarras based in Athens, KORFIAN “Big Bang”
- Chicago, IL darkwave/dream pop/electro-pop project of Melissa Harris, aka BORN DAYS “Where We Live” title-track from forthcoming sophomore EP out October 4, 2019 on Rain Heart Records
- Sheffield, UK dark electro/post-punk duo Black Slipper vs. Exit Strategy “Who Are The Food Police?”
- Macedonian experimental/electronic/agit-prop/post-punk/dance-punk quartet, BERNAYS PROPAGANDA – ”Nisto nema da ne’ razdeli (feat. Mike Watt & Toni Kitanovski)” from new 5th album ”Vtora mladost, treta svetska vojna/2nd Youth, 3rd World War’ on Moonlee Records/Balkan Veliki
- Swedish minimal EBM ‘body-pop’ act Syntet “När jag mår som bäst” new 2-track single
- Swiss experimental electronic/synth-pop/minimal wave project included Yello founder Carlos Perón, Aborted At Line 6 “Mammut” title track from the Mecanica label’s reissue of the 12″ EP “Mammut” released in 1983 on Off Course
- Brussels‘ coldwave/darkwave/EBM/ambient/industrial/dark electro solo project LUMINANCE “Essentialize” from the double album “Ahead” on Medical Records
- Brussels, Belgium (via Vancouver) based Italian-born post-punk/synth-punk artist CHRISTOPHE CLEBARD “Les yeux noirs” from the new album “Honte” on les albums Claus | 1000 Balles | Kakakids records
- Philadelphia‘s darkwave/post-cyberpunk/techno-industrial duo KLOCKENHOUZER “Turning On” from the album “The Message Is Minimal”
- Dortmund, Germany darkwave/coldwave duo ISLA OLA “Nebelmond”
- Dark electro artist based in San Jose, Costa Rica MAVROSKELETO – “On the Tracks” new single.
- Late 80’s Dutch industrial/EBM/dark electro duo of René Van Dijck and Tycho de Groot, The Force Dimension – “Dance The Algorythm (Special Club Mix)” from the expanded reissue of the 1990’s album “Deus Ex Machina” on mecanica
- Early ’80s Wien-based experimental Neue Deutsche Welle duo of musician René Radikal (R.I.P.) and vocalist Melanie Delval (part of the legendary 1981’s Viennese sampler ‘Die Tödliche Dosis’), A.K.G. [Aktionskunst Gerasdorf] “Atombombensichere Discos” off of upcoming 6-track EP “Radikalkur” on Wiener Brut/Neubau
- French post-industrial/synth-pop/minimal wave project of Geoffroy D, aka Derniere Volonte – “Nous Savons Pourquoi” from the forthcoming new album “Frontiere” on Tesco Germany
- Lille, French post-punk/coldwave duo L’Ordre d’Héloïse “Yu Liet Frontiere Nord”
- Minsk, Belarus coldwave/post-punk band Nürnberg “Mora” new single
- Post-punk/gothic rock/darkwave/coldwave band from Belgium, GROUND NERO “Ball & Chain” from the debut album “DIVERGENCE”
- San Francisco, CA post-punk/darkwave outfit PLEASURE POLICY “Cold” debut single
- Rostov-on-Don, USSR gothic-punk/new wave/post-punk 4-piece N.G.T.O. “Мысли/Thoughts” from the new album ‘Шанс на старость’
- Sidney, Australia post-punk/punk power trio CAKEWALK “Wildflower” from the new cassette EP “Wildflower”
- Swedish synth-punk outfit from Gothenburg, LEECHES – “punch you” from split cassette “LEECHES // The G.V.B.” via Archfiend Records
- Brooklyn, NY based angular/punk/post-punk band PATTI “Rubber” from the forthcoming LP “Good Big” on Erste Theke Tontraeger
- Austin, TX noise punk/post-punk trio SPRAY PAINT “Cleaning Your Gun” from the upcoming album “Into The Country” via 12XU
- North Texas-based Post-Punk duo AZTEC DEATH “Exclusive (Alternator)” from the EP “Alternator”
- Lima, Perù goth/darkwave/post-punk 4-piece CENIZAS “As Falling” from the album “Not Even Ashes” on SwissDarkNights
- Rosario, Argentina punk/post-punk 4-piece Tensión “Estado de aislamiento” from the 4th album “Perspectiva” on Distag Records.
- Barcelona, Spain dark post-punk band La Santa Espina “Out of Control” new 2-track single
- Grenoble, France cold synth-pop duo POUPARD “Petite Princesse” from the upcoming LP “Nous avons joué tous les deux” on Petrol Chips
- Portuguese DIY post-punk/ambient duo based in Lisbon, THE NOIIR “Fragments of a Lost Mind” from “Mirrored [EP]”
- Paris, France shoegaze/post-punk/coldwave/new wave band GARDEN DYNAMICS “No More” from the new album “Ultraviolet Cat”
- Oakland, CA-based multidisciplinary artist, singer/songwriter and founder/frontperson of Wax Idols, HETHER FORTUNE “The Joker” (live)