Weekly Electronic Music Tips #28
Picks Of The Week:
- Chañaral, Chile Electronic Body Music project of Jeremias Venegas, aka New Fabrik – “First Hammer” title-track from the cassette album on Frankfurt-am-Main-based Antonio’s Smashing Tape Records
I followed on Soundcloud the Chilean electronic body music producer for a while, finally compiled on cassette along new tracks, via the excellent new Italo-German label Smashing Tape Records, 8 slices of bouncing, clanging and crispy minimal/post-industrial EBM sound make for one of the most fresh and relevant releases in its genre of the year.
- Corfu-based, Greek industrial experimental dark electronic project of Dimitris Doukas, Restive Plaggona “Gardens Of Agony” from the album “Trouble Sociale” on his own label Athens’ Several Minor Promises
New album for the strictly DIY project by elusive Greek producer Dimitris Doukas with his distinctive post-industrial, dark atmospheric techno sound wrapped in a gloomy and immersive cinematic post-apocalyptic ambiance, blurring the lines between the tainted and the sublime.
- Marrickville, Australia experimental electronic producer DJ BEVERLY HILL$ “I accidentally ate all the acid mom” from cassette album “BAD OMENS” via Chicago‘s Puppy Tapes
Australian newcomer delivers dizzying and challenging eclectic, pounding and gritty sonic domains that soak up heavy techno, electro, drum & bass, rave, acid, noise and hardcore leaving you thrilled, exhausted yet longing for more.
- French coldwave/dark ambient/electronic project of Yannick Rault (also “So What?”, “Closed Mouth” and “The Bluebeard’s Castle”), ★ T R I P L E S U N ★ “Unknown Substance”
- UK experimental electronic producer Will Flisk “Huxley Something In The Woods.”
- Brazilian dark ambient/electronic artist Thiago Desant, aka Phantoms vs Fire “My Mind As Your Amusement Park” title-track from the new album “My Mind As Your Amusement Park” via Blackjack Illuminist Records
- Saint-Petersburg, Russia ambient/abstract/trip-hop producer MUZEUMVISITOR “Tamala” from new EP “Ambivalence”
- Budapest, Hungary acid/breakbeat/electro producer Balazs Semsei aka Norwell “Secret Transmission” from “Fúzió” EP on Mechatronica
- Glasgow, UK breakbeat/electro producer Tom Livingston, aka ARCTOR “Bad Blood” from “Heartless” on Glagow’s Tremors
- Tel Aviv dark disco /electronic producer Hadar Noy, aka N.O.Y “Zarzis Feat. Ohad” from upcoming EP “Zarzis” on NEIN Records
- Turkish indie dance/letfield/wave/dark disco/electronic DJ and Producer from Istanbul, Günce Aci – “Fibonacci (Original Mix)” from the new EP “Dreamers Vs Believers” on Esthetique Records
- French wave/psych/electronic producer and Hard Fist label head Cornelius Doctor “Soft Rocket” off upcoming EP on Ombra International
- Experimental/Ambient/Noise/Techno Industrial producer Stranger People “LFO 145 Feat. The Horrorist” from “Strange Attractor” EP on OBSCUUR Records
- UK industrial techno producer and Taro Records head SYRETTE “Obey Orders” from “TAR40″ 12” EP on Taro Records
- Sidney, Australia dark industrial/electro/techno producer Josh Peters, aka JOSTRONAMER – “Lucid (David Carretta Remix)” from upcoming debut album “Željava” out in October on Unknown Pleasures Records sub-label +Closer²
- Toronto, Canada‘s electro producer and co-owner of Suction Records (along with Jason Hamm, aka Solvent), Gregory de Rocher, aka LOWFISH “Lungs Of The Clock” from Suction’s archival double album “Test(e)” originally self-released as a tape under the artist name Pest(e), this 1996 collection of IDM and analog electronics is, in fact, the debut Lowfish album.
- New York-based producer acid/electro/techno producer known as Boris Noiz and half of Ontal, Brenecki – “Stentorian Echoes” from upcoming “Revitalize” EP on Earwiggle
- Italian brothers electronic duo behind Two Monkeys and Spettro club in Brescia, Michele & Simone Bornati, aka TWOONKY “Aqua Bar” from forthcoming “Dezzo” EP on Macadam Mambo
- Russian experimental/ambient/electronic dj/producer Mikhail Linkov, aka DISCOTOPIA “Новостройки (St Theodore Remix)” from the remastered and supplemented reissue of Discotopia’s “Новостройки” on Raw Union
- Frankfurt-am-Main-based Italian lo-fi industrial techno electronic producer (also Raw Ambassador) and Smashing Tape Records label head, Antonio Barbetta, aka ANTONIO “60313”
- Georgian acid/dark techno DJ/producer Clinical Hates “Shadow Of Light” from the “Rejection Of Reality” EP on Belieri Records
- Mar del Plata, Argentina industrial techno producer Agustin Ruiz, aka Rizherr – “Nibiru” from the EP “Forbidden Knowledge” on Raven Sigh
- Greek raw industrial/ acid electro/hardcore/rave/ dark electronic techno producer DJ Loser & 0111001101110100 – “Submergedthread” from upcoming cassette album “Urban Survival Anthems” on Veyl
- Italian experimental/dark electronic/techno producer Giuseppe Sciretti aka Nigh/T\mare “Ghusl” from V/A “COLVMN 02” on Obseqvivm Records
- Copenhagen based, Lithuanian electronic producer KONSISTENT “Moral Decay” off of upcoming V/A “SŪPYNĖS 13” tape compilation for the 13th edition of Lithuania’s Sūpynės Festival.
- Mid70s/80s Yugoslav rock band, based in Sarajevo, Bijelo Dugme “Like I Am Drugged (Kompleks Edit 2019)” from the EP “Kompleks Yu Edits Vol. 1” on Belgrade’s KOMPLEKS
- Melbourne, Australia industrial/noise/EBM/dark electronics producer, one-half on Die Orangen and master-mind behind Power Station/Power Cuts, Kris BAHA “Living Nothingness” from upcoming debut LP “Palais” coming up on Cocktail d’Amore Music
- London, UK dark electronics duo High Speed Violence – “Body Negative” from V/A 3 “CRIME OF VIOLENCE” compilation on Voltage Tension
- Serbian techno/electronic band/DJ duo formed in Belgrade by Dragana Milinkovic and Sreten Savic, Monosaccharide “Silence in my mind” from “Moon Such A Ride” EP on Dokument Records
- Amsterdam-based electro/wave/industrial techno/EBM producer 5713 “Nodig” from upcoming “Gewelddadige Realiteit” EP on Chem Club Records
- French dark techno/EBM producer Astrøm “Armada” title-track of the upcoming EP on Berlin’s impartial waves
- Belgian hard techno/noise/industrial/rave project of ???????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????, DJ HELEPOLIS “Being The Pain”.
- Italian lo-fi/wave/industrial/dark techno/electro producer and owner of underground label Eufemia, Religius Order “In Your Church” from the cassette album “Anima Desolata” out now on Atrophy Records
- Jakarta, Indonesia psych/dark disco/electronic producer SUNMANTRA “Boney Man (Niv Ast Remix)” from upcoming “Astral Turf” EP on NEIN Records
- Copenhagen techno/psych acid trance producer and Asquith´s Lobster Theremin label affiliated, HLLW – “Realms” off of V/A “Second Gate” on Union Trance Mission
- Canadian ambient/cyberpunk/synthwave/electronic producer from Toronto, HOLON “Things Remembered”
- Saint-Petersburg, Russia witch house/dark electronic/death electro project of Nikita Vasiliev (aka Skaen), (((O))) “Rodeo (2018 demo)”
- Lorraine, France experimental/coldwave/post-rock/analog synth/synthwave/electronic artist Alban Blaising, aka Feu Follet – “Mi-Bête Mi-Forêt” from the album “Le Champ Des Morts” via Blackjack Illuminist Records
- Spanish ambient/experimental/ethnic/minimal/slow techno producer Alex Caballero, aka DOCTRINA NATURA “Dream IV – She, The Creator Of Worlds” from the album “The Dream Of Adora” on Alexandar
- Amsterdam, Netherlands ambient/downtempo/techno/electronic producer Nthng – ”Neo” from new EP “Microdose” on Lobster Theremin
- Netherlands /Sweden ambient/downtempo/electronic composers and producers, Martin Nonstatic (Martin Van Rossum) and Esko Barba (Marcel Montel), aka ESKOSTATIC “Viamala (Forward Edit)” from the album “Serpentines & Valleys” on Lyon’s Ultimae
- L.A./NYC experimental/ambient/electroacoustic/electronic collaborative music project from Brian Allen Simon (aka Anenon) and Chantal Chadwick, Pétra – “Aunis” from duo’s debut album ‘Aunis’, released September 20 via Injazero Records
- London, UK drone/ambient/electroacoustic/electronic producer (aka Cheju) and co-owner of Boltfish Recordings, Wil Bolton “Crossing” from the album ” Surface Reflections” on Athens’ sound in silence label.
- Ambient/drone/field recordings/electroacoustic collaborative project of Montreal, Canada activist Stefan Christoff and Italian sound artist Matteo Uggeri, Spring Quintet “Raven, Raven, Raven (Part 2)” from the album “Raven, Raven, Raven” (Originally recorded live at Casa del Popolo, Montreal 2017) on Whitelabrecs