Weekly Electronic Music Tips #26
Peaks Of The Week:
- Beijing based electronic audio/visual duo Zaliva-D “Flutter” from the new EP “Calling” on Shangai‘s SVBKVLT Label
After an full-length on Knekelhuis earlier this year, Chinese visionary electronic duo are back with 4 originals plus 3 blistering remixes. Concise, punchy and hypnotic throughout, loaded with intensely crackling and clanging warped beats and ominous taut atmospherics, fueled by slivers of dissonant noise and haunting eerie vocal inserts, it leaves you completely breathless.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina synth-pop/electro/synth-punk artist Agostina Mauro, aka CADENA NACIONAL “Flechas En La Cara” off of V/A [ODM001] via of dolls and murder
First compilation to celebrate 1 year of the dance/live event organization based in Buenos Aires, Argentina called of dolls and murder including 17 artists/producers from the region. A great opportunity to explore the fervent and overlooked Argentinian techno, industrial, EBM, synth-punk, experimental, even darkwave scene. While I added the already familiar Balvanera in the darkwave list, the track from young artist Agostina Mauro is a rumbling, hypnotic electro/synth-punk belter, but many gems are scattered here and there, just check it out!
- Australian lo-fi electro producer STEVE ROACH “Ruined” from cassette album “Gut” on Melbourne via Berlin-based Potatoheadz Records.
Lo-fi, dark, raw and ominous electro, with synth-punk leanings, from the Aussie producer Steve Roach, visceral, hard-edged and terribly intriguing.
- American-born, Japan-based 80s DIY underground electronic music composer John Di Stefano “For the Moment” title track from the archival compilation album on Concentric Circles
- UK experimental electronic producer Will Flisk “Dumonia.”
- Italian experimental/ambient/psych/electronic 2015’s collaborative project Donato Dozzy & Anna Caragnano – “Parola” (Rework) from 12″ EP “Variations” out now on Spazio Disponibile.
- Manchester, UK occult/experimental/noise ambient/kosmische/post-industrial solo project Primitive Knot “Vanilla Transgression” off of “Puritan” EP (originally released on Deathbed Tapes on 8 July 2019)
- UK based electro/rave/industrial/post-punk project of French musician/DJ and producer Jerome Tcherneyan and Czech performance artist and DJ, Barkosina Hanusova, aka Years Of Denial “Body Map” title track from upcoming EP on Pinkman
- NYC based power electronics and Industrial musician and a founding member of the Red Light District collective in Far Rockaway, NY Margaret Chardiet aka Pharmakon “Self-Regulating System” from the upcoming album ‘Devour’ out August 30, 2019 via Sacred Bones
- Angers, France industrial/acid/techno producer d_b (Déformation Booléenne) – “Muscle’s Monkey” from the upcoming album “Neo Dimension” on Demagogy Phonic Reproductions
- Greek techno/electronic producer G-EMPIRE “????????.????” from the 2018’s cassette “ΓΚΥΖΗ 2001”, a compilation of live recordings made in Athens, 2001. (℗???????????????? ???????????????? ???????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? – ????????)
- Sweden-based Polish Punk/Electro/EBM producer SUKABURA “Nieważne”
- Jakarta, Indonesia EBM/experimental/wave/electronic producer and co-founder of Dekadenz Records, Aditya Permana – “Raum” from upcoming 2-track “VOLUME SATU” EP
- Utrecht based EBM/industrial/dark techno/minimal electro musician/producer Roberto Auser “Avalon” from the upcoming 12″ split EP with Unhuman on Gooiland Elektro
- Berlin‘s experimental industrial techno producer Kaltès “Sisters” off of V/A “Rotterdam” on Mord
- Tbilisi, Georgia heavy industrial techno producer Giorgi Kolbaia, aka Downwell “Dont Stop Moving”
- Berlin-based Irish industrial dark techno electronic producer Simon Hayes aka Swarm Intelligence “Extraction” off the new EP on US label NEW YORK TRAX Imports.
- French psychedelic /cold wave /dark electro outfit from Paris, VOX LOW – “You Are A Slave (Robi Insinna Remix)” from new swap remixes red vinyl 12″ via Robi Insinna’s new label Industria
- French electro/techno producer based in Toulouse, BRANDSKI “Paranoia” title track of new EP on Division Virtuel
- Colorado‘s synth-pop / ‘post-electro’ dj/producer Johan Sebastian Bot, aka DVS NME “Grey & Black”
- Los Angeles based electronic/synthpop/synthwave musician/producer John Glenn Kunkel aka THE NEW DIVISION “Glass Jaw” from the forthcoming EP “Fascination”
- London-based electronic/dark electro project of Factory Floor‘s Gabe Gurnsey “I Get Harder” limited-edition white label 12″ out now via Phantasy
- London, UK dark electronic/industrial/noise/techno project of Oliver Ho (Raudive, Zov Zov), BROKEN ENGLISH CLUB ”Grey Windows” from the second LP of his ‘White Rats’ trilogy on L.I.E.S. Records
- Paris-based French electronic producer Remi Sauzedde, aka APOLLO NOIR – “Bifurcation Towards Chaos (Lokier Remix)” new EP on Tigersushi Records
- Berlin-based South Italian lo-fi/esoteric/EBM/industrial/dark techno/electro producer NATHANIEL “Noir Police Of Dreams” from the new album “Dead By Overdose” on his own Delaitpath imprint.
- Flensburg, Northern Germany dark elektro producer DAS MUSTER ”REAKTIONEN” from the album “TRAUM UND WIRKLICHKEIT”
- Belgian Dark Electro/Synthpop/Dark Disco duo Karl Hefner & Hugh Lagerfeld “Shadow Of The Day (Original Mix)” from “T-800” EP on Logical Records
- London-based, American/Australian experimental analog electronic music project of Penelope Trappes & Stephen Hindman, The Golden Filter “Wisdom” from the upcoming album “Autonomy” on their own 4GN3S label.
- Australian trancey atmospheric electronic producer Furious Frank – “Dream Of Love (606 Trance Mix)” from “Dream Of Love” EP on Melbourne’s Paper-Cuts
- Neuchâtel, Switzerland electronic music duo composed of Lucye and Ravayek, VERSUS DESIGN “Malika”
- Iranian born, New York City-based experimental producer, violinist, vocalist, and multi-media artist Sadaf H. Nava, aka SADAF “Guttermoon” from the album “History Of Heat” on Blueberry Records
- German trancey/breakbeat/electro/techno producer SDB “Youth” from the “Youth” EP on Autonome Records
- UK based atmospheric electronic producer Mitch Green, aka Native Cruise – “Desert Theory” title track of the new EP on Paesaggi Records
- Italian veteran ambient/electro producer Gianluigi Di Costanzo, aka Bochum Welt ‘Color Me (Mix 2)’ from forthcoming new album ‘Seafire’ on Central Processing Unit
- Sicilian cosmic disco electronic star-gazers Phunkadelica feat. J.O.D. – “Amore Automatico (instrumental)” from the upcoming EP “Amore Automatico” due July 26th on Correspondant Records
- Barcelona-based French experimental/disco/kraut/psych/electronic producer, La Belle label owner & DJ Antoine Harispuru aka GOLDEN BUG “Carbone (feat. Jessica Ho)” from new 12″ EP “Cosmic Trigger” on Multi Culti
- Jakarta, Indonesia psych/dark disco/electronic producer SUNMANTRA “Boney Man” from “Astral Turf” EP on NEIN Records
- Vilnius, Lithuania ambient/psych/electronic producer Gimel – “Dobilėlis” from upcoming V/A “Altered States Vol.1” benefit compilation on Amsterdam’s Sinchi Label
- UK balearic/cosmic/psych/funk/electronic duo Psychemagik – “We Can Be One (ft. Quinn Lamont Luke)” new single
- Danish experimental/ambient/ drone / electronic solo project of Posh Isolation co-founder & one-half of Damien Dubrovnik, Christian Stadsgaard, aka Vanity Productions “Stroboscopic” from the 5-track vinyl 12″ mini-album “In Only Gentle Light” on Geräuschmanufaktur
- Glasgow, UK experimental/ambient/techno/electronic producer EDIT SELECT “The Reckoning” from upcoming album “Visitors – Prominence”
- Oslo-based Norwegian/Mexican ambient/electronic songwriter/producer Maria Hillestad aka Carmen Villain “Sometimes I Love You Forever” from the new album “Both Lines Will Be Blue” out now on Smalltown Supersound
- Biella, Italy drone/ambient/noise/electronic project of Gabriele Quartero, In die Ferne “Invisible Cities”
- Denmark ambient/piano/drone/electronic project Rime Trails “Halcyon VII” off of new album “Vault Tracks I: Halcyon” compilation of various tracks from 2017–2018.
- Melbourne experimental/minimal/dub/electronic artist Kallista Kult “The Earth Did A Line” from upcoming S/T debut album due August 19, 2019 on A Colourful Storm