WL//WH Weekly Shoegaze/ Dreampop / Psychedelic / Indie Tips # 23
Picks Of The Week:
- Australian dream pop solo project of Brisbane‘s musician (ex Babaganouj and Go Violets) Harriette Pilbeam aka HATCHIE “Not That Kind” from the debut album “Keepsake” on Double Double Whammy
Captivated at first listen since the time of single “Try”, Australian darling has finally graced us with her insanely infectious stunning debut album permeating with sparkling melodies and catchy hooks, of such bewitching and captivating beauty than most recording artists could ever dream of.
- Japanese alt/shoegaze solo project Kinoue64 – 窓の外 – from – 風 – EP
June of hyperactivity for the alleged newcomer Japanese DIY musician from Hyogo with 7 EPs! of instrumental shoegaze peppered with warm and emotional reverb-drenched guitar drifts weaving dizzyingly sky-high mind-bending bursting melodies waiting to get lost in.
- Los Angeles-based indie/synthwave/dream pop/guitar pop singer/multi-instrumentalist Kamtin Mohager, aka The Chain Gang of 1974 “YDLMA” new single
L.A. based longtime beat master, since he went totally independent, seems to have further perfected his skill to seamlessly blend sonic elements from an array of influences into a striking blend of unmistakable emotional and addictive pop artistry, with a retro groove at its core.
- Canadian multi-instrumentalist, composer, producer and core member of Arcade Fire, Richard Reed Parry “Heaeven For Meg” off new album ”Quiet River of Dust Vol. 2” out now on ANTI- & Secret City
- Timaru, New Zealand DIY indie/new wave/glam/goth pop one-man band of Rob, Ersatz Savant “Improvement” from the sophomore album “II”
- Melbourne, Australia indie jangle-pop 5-piece The Stroppies “Noble Creatures” from upcoming 7″ EP “It’s A Hit!” on Tough Love
- Toronto, Ontario 4-piece alternative shoegazy band SICAYDA “Go On” from the upcoming debut EP “Sown”
- Brooklyn, NY based pop punk/power pop project by Canadian singer/songwriter Ben Cook, YOUNG GUV “Every Flower I See” from upcoming LP “GUV I” out August 2nd, 2019 via Run For Cover Records
- Chilean psychedelic cosmic duo Föllakzoid ‘IIII’ from the upcoming album ‘I’ on Sacred Bones
- Philadelphia‘s garage/psych-rock trio Purling Hiss “Useful Information” from the forthcoming EP ‘Interstellar Blue’ on Drag City
- Mysterious Auckland, New Zealand DIY indie pop/dream pop outfit These Early Days “Shift”
- Philadelphia‘s “Doomgaze” band DREAMSWELL “Stale Flowers” first single off the debut full length coming June 25th, 2019.
- Staffordshire, England ambient pop duo Ben Holton & Rob Glover, aka EPIC45 “Sun Memory II feat. Rose Berlin” from “Sun Memory” EP on Wayside & Woodland Recordings
- Montreal, Quebec dream pop/shoegaze duo MURMURE “Les vestiges d’un rêve” from the new album “Nos idées fantômes”
- Peruvian indie pop/shoegaze/dream pop band Verano del 83 “Marlene de las galaxias” from the new 2-track single “(Aún en grabación)”
- Bangkok, Thailand alt/shoegaze alias of indie producer and musician, ART DAVE “Eleanor’s Dream” from the new EP “Sailormoongazer” featuring Eleanor Forte (SynthV)
- Los Angeles, CA shoegaze/jangle pop/dream pop quartet lead by Nima Kazerouni of So Many Wizards, CROWN PLAZA “No Need To Shout” off the upcoming album.
- Oakland, CA indie/power pop band SMILES “Gone For Good” A-side off upcoming 7″ single on Slumberland Records‘ single series
- Brooklyn, NY indie/shoegaze/dream pop 5-piece TARA “Wander” second single
- Seattle, WA indie pop 4-piece Flying Fish Cove – “En Garde” lead single from Flying Fish Cove’s new EP, En Garde, out 6/21/2019 on Jigsaw Records and Lost Sound Tapes.
- Hangzhou, China indie/psych/slowcore/shoegaze duo 杨公堤上下运动社团(Cos Of Youngs) – ‘皇都大厦Huangdu Hotel’ – off of debut EP – 银滩救援 – on 生煎唱片SJrecords
- Dublin, Ireland noise-pop / shoegaze 4-piece GALANTS “Stay Light” title track from the new EP on Jigsaw Records
- Japanese Indie Rock Duo from Tokyo, THE BORING TAPES “Dead Grass” new single
- New Jersey indie/dream pop/psych-pop 4-piece BLOOD CULTURES “Best For You” from forthcoming sophomore album “Oh Uncertainty! A Universe Despairs”
- Paris-based post rock/psych/new wave/kraut/indie rock band POINTE NOIRE “Wild Child” from the self-released debut EP “Wild Child”
- Sidney, Australia shoegaze/psych rock quartet THE LAURELS “Sound System” from the upcoming third album on Rice Is Nice Records
- Leeds, UK indie rock finest lead by David Gedge, THE WEDDING PRESENT “Jump In, The Water’s Fine” new 7″ and very limited edition 10″ picture disc single out 2nd August, via Come Play With Me.
- Boston, MA bluesy garage rock duo Mr. Airplane Man “Get On A Plane” from new 4-track double 7″ single “Smashville” on Sympathy For The Record Industry
- Antwerp, Belgium shoegaze 5-piece Newmoon “Let It End” new single via PIAS Recordings
- Indonesian alternative/dream pop/shoegaze/noise rock 4-piece, SUPEREGO “Grumb” from “Space Psyche” (special edition) EP on Shore Dive Records
- Wollongong, Australia dream pop/noise rock/shoegaze trio MINERS “Memory Hole”
- Pamplona, Spain jangle indie pop 4-piece RIO ARGAS “No quieres verme” new single
- UK psychedelic garage four-piece band from London, Jennifer – ”Stay Awake” from upcoming Fat Cat Records‘ collection of demos “Brought To Light”
- Melbourne, Australia indie /jangle/ dream pop collective COOL SOUNDS ‘Around And Down’ new single on Osborne Again.
- Nashville-via-Boston dream /psych pop duo TWEN “Demsel” off Twen’s upcoming debut album “Awestruck” due out September 20 via Frenchkiss Records
- Chicago‘s psych/jangle pop 6-piece Alpine Subs “Menomonee” from s/t album via Subjangle Records
- Brooklyn‘s DIY C86 jangly indie pop band JEANINES “All The Same” from their self-titled debut album, out now on Slumberland Records
- Australian indie/dream/psych pop project of Matt Irwin from Perth, CORNIGLIA “A Lost Forgotten Dream” new single
- Ambient/drone/shoegaze band from The Netherlands, COLD BODY RADIATION “The Body Leaver” from the new album “I Fell into the Unknown Light”