Weekly Electronic Music Tips #17
Picks Of The Week:
- Berlin-based experimental /wave /electro /dark techno producer Scarlit Port “CHEETA (r i s i n g)” from upcoming cassette EP “Satoria <∞>” out May 20, 2019 on Tripalium Corp
Finally in the homestretch the full EP from the Berlin based producer. The last preview is no less impressive, in addition to the usual blistering energy, those middle-eastern flavours leave no way out…
- South Belgium analogue dark electro producer and head of Les Disques Cockpit label, Holtz – ”18 (Eighteen)” from V/A “Reconstructing Thessaloniki” on Thessaloniki’s Remote Influence
Hopelessly minimalistic, dark and cold electro gem from Belgium, part of an overall excellent sampler from the increasingly fervent and creative Greek electronic scene.
- Swindon, UK pioneer Industrial, Electronic, Experimental music act started by John Stephen Corrigan aka Jack Dangers, MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO “Agelast” from the new double album “Opaque Couché”
“Storm The Studio” was one of the first electronic vinyl LP I bought back in the days and it opened a whole new world for me, amazing that years and inspiration neverseem to pass…respect!
- UK experimental electronic project of John Balance, Peter “Sleazy” Christopherson and Danny Hyde, COIL “The Gay Man’s Guide To Safer Sex” title track from the unreleased soundtrack for the VHS only, pre-internet, sexual education documentary released in 1992, upcoming CD/vinyl on Mental Groove Records / Musique Pour La Danse
- Danish experimental /ambient /drone /electronic solo project of Posh Isolation co-founder & one-half of Damien Dubrovnik, Christian Stadsgaard, Vanity Productions “Faith Alone” from the EP “Only the Stars Come Out At Night” on Posh Isolation
- West Germany via South London experimental /ambient /ethnic /dark jazz /electronic producer ABU AMA “Castaneda Way”
- Swiss–Nepalese electronic producer, vocalist and Dance Noire label founder, Aïsha Devi – ‘I’m Not Always Where My Body Is’ from the upcoming EP “S.L.F.” via Houndstooth Label
- Japanese experimental /drum & bass /techno artist from Osaka, Atsushi Izumi “Vacuum” from upcoming new EP “Verdigris” on Thrènes
- German electronic duo from Hamburg, Extrawelt “Premonitions Of A Flashback” off V/A “Touched Electronic 004” on Furthur Electronix
- Glasgow based electronic producer (one third of the Night of The Jaguar crew) T. L. Clarke, aka MR TC “Bad Habits (Credit 00 On The Mic)” off upcoming ”Zeug” EP [AF Trax 005] out 24th May 2019 via Optimo Music
- Los Angeles‘ industrial techno /EBM producer Pressure Vessel – “Flesh to Marble” off of upcoming Impartial Waves label V/A compilation “Echoes from the Factory”
- Berlin-based industrial dark power electronics project of Greek producer and Liber Null Berlin founder Manos Simotas aka UNHUMAN “Nylon Speech” title track of the forthcoming new EP on Bite
- Belgian dark electronic /industrial project by Gin Devo (Vomito Negro, FDR, Pressure Control) & Sandy Nijs (eX Klinik, Hybrids), aka STORUNG “Psychic Driving”
- Italian EBM / Hard Goth-Techno producer and Delaitpath label owner, Sharplines “Heading For Hell” title track from the new EP on Michael Wollenhaupt‘s Persephonic Sirens imprint.
- Electronic /industrial /synth-pop /new beat /’collapsed wave’ solo project from Poland, Black Sun Dreamer “Comfort” from the cassette album “Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder” via Detriti Records.
- Greek industrial techno /dark electronic artist Boris Barksdale “Corner Shop 2014”
- Experimental/noise/post-industrial project Arabian Violence – “Fatima Weldek Labass” from upcoming split cassette EP “Violencia Poética _ العنف الشعري” with Colombian based duo Common Poetry out soon on Infidel Bodies
- Electronic industrial powerhouse producer from Oklahoma City, Black Magnet “Trustfucker” new single off of the upcoming full length debut album entitled “Hate Prism”
- Lebanon Industrial/Experimental producer Kujo – شعب عظيم – from new “Post Arab ” EP on Modular Mind.
- Toronto‘s post-industrial /ambient /warm noise /electronic project Crisis Actor “Guess I’m Psycho”
- London-via-New York experimental electronic solo project of The Golden Filter’s Penelope Trappes “Carry Me (Cosey Fanni Tutti Rework)” from upcoming remix album “Penelope Redeux” on Houndstooth
- Berlin-based, German proto-techno /electronic producer Stefan Junge, aka PISKA POWER “Haben Sie Zwei Augen” from upcoming cassette ”Irma Infekt” on Kess Kill
- Berlin-based Experimental /Dark Ambient /EBM /Industrial /Electronic duo Sons Of Traders “303 Disaster Patterns” from forthcoming cassette “Never No More” out July 23, 2019 via Gravitational Waves
- Leeds, UK dark disco electronic DJ and production trio Clandestino “Glide Theory (Mushrooms Project Remix)” from upcoming EP on Night Noise
- German letfield /synth-pop /electronic collaboration project of Benedikt Frey, Dino Schanze and Nadia D’Alo, aka DOLPHINS “Mehr” from split EP with Jatibe on Serious Trouble
- Berlin-based Electronic /New Wave Rock trio founded by British music producer James Brook (Pardon Moi & The Echo Vamper), Polish singer/songwriter Vincent Littlehat and German guitarist Jonas Häussermann, SEX KINO “Who Do You Love (Theus Mago and Moisees Remix)” off upcoming EP on Roam Recordings
- Greek psych rockers The Steams “Perfect Storms From Afar (Mr Stinson‘s Cretan Raving Dub)”
- Lyon, France EBMish, industrial-tinged electronic producer Christian Coiffure – “Slowly Merging Into One” from upcoming EP “Un Nouvel Âge Réminiscent” on Worst Records
- Italian dark synth electronic duo from Sicily, Qubica “Stratos” title track from upcoming debut EP on Multinotes
- Washington‘s synthwave /dreamwave project Hello Meteor ”Night Distance”
- Tel Aviv dark disco /electronic producer Hadar Noy, aka N.O.Y – “Jaffa” off of V/A “NEIN-NEINTEEN” on Nein Records.
- Lithuanian electro / dark disco / coldwave dj/producer Manfredas “Mind Machine (feat. Bozzwell)” from the upcoming V/A EP ”Microdosing Vol.1” a series of compilation 12”s selected by Julienne Dessagne aka Fantastic Twins.
- Canadian ambient / IDM / synth electronic producer from Toronto, HOLON “A World In Freefall”
- US synth dark experimental electronic witch house producer Frank Ocean from Spokane, WA, BLVCK CEILING “night cycle”
- UK darkwave / electronic / witch house solo project of Jake Lee, SIDEWALKS AND SKELETONS “Elixir” from the new album “Entity”
- London based Italian ambient / industrial / breakbeat /electronic producer Ernesto Bellicini, Nocturnal Phase “Shadwell Is A Cold Place”
- Barcelona-based Ukrainian electronic producer (one half of BLCK NOIR), JULIA BONDAR “Broken Elevator” from the new album “In My Neighbourhood” on Detroit Underground
- Michigan‘s electronic /ambient /techno producer John Beltran “Fernweh” from the new album “Hallo Androiden” on Japan’s Blue Arts Music
- Italian experimental /industrial /noise /techno producer Nicola Buono, aka Resonant Coil “Iron Delta” from new album “Satur.Action” on Subsidence.
- Berlin-based IDM /ambient /electronics artist Steffen Schröder, aka cybotnik, aka h][uron “The Path” from new album “In the Range of Imagination”
- Classically-rooted debut collaboration between Alessio Natalizia (Not Waving) and his longtime correspondent Dimitris Papadatos (Jay Glass Dubs), Not Glass – “Fallite fallentes / Ἔφη ὡς ἦθος ἀνθρώπῳ δαίμων” from upcoming album “Forma / Ήθος” on Ecstatic Recordings
- Biella, Italy drone /ambient /noise /electronic project of Gabriele Quartero, In die Ferne “Tideland”
- Experimental electronic composer, sculptor, painter, poet, and publisher from Rennes, Félicia Atkinson “Shirley To Shirley” from forthcoming double album “The Flower & The Vessel” out July 5, 2019 on Shelter Press.
- London-based experimental cellist, composer and producer Oliver Coates – “Sky With Nameless Colors” from upcoming album “John Luther Adams Canticles of the Sky / Three High Places” on RVNG Intl.